Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-24-2019, 11:21 PM   #1
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Kindle Oasis 3 still has the white on black inverted text option

I was just reviewing the spec comparison between the new Oasis 3 and the Oasis 2.

Under the section 'Accessibility features' the Oasis 2 has "Kindle Oasis also includes the ability to invert Black and White, adjust font size, font face, line spacing and margins."

Under this section for the Oasis 3, it says instead "Kindle also includes the ability to adjust font size, font face, line spacing and margins."

So we can have either the faint-looking yellow OR the really quite good white on black, but not both in the same device, it seems! I’m very disappointed.

ETA:
SORRY - I just checked with customer service and they said it is a mistake in the description and they are going to update this!

ETA 2: I tried to change my stupid alarmist thread title but couldn’t, so if a moderator would like to change it, please feel free. I don’t want to make inverted text fans panic! Sorry again.

Last edited by Pjama; 06-24-2019 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Checked with customer service and it is still included
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:04 AM   #2
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Omg how did you get an Oasis 3? Where can I get one the wait is honestly killing me.
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2019, 12:15 AM   #3
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
Omg how did you get an Oasis 3? Where can I get one the wait is honestly killing me.
I don’t have one! I was just comparing the descriptions because I’m impatient to get mine too. 😆 And it will have the white on black!
Old 06-25-2019, 12:21 AM   #4
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I don’t have one! I was just comparing the descriptions because I’m impatient to get mine too. 😆 And it will have the white on black!
Hehe the wait blows!!! Haven’t been this excited for a device since the Voyage. I don’t remember the amount of time between announcement-release being over a month though!!!
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:33 AM   #5
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
The only improvement they can do on the white on black is to allow turning off the light. In the dark the lowest light setting in white on black is way too bright. Not that I would read it with light off, but at least let it go down as low as normal mode.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2019, 08:41 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Title updated.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:44 AM   #7
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
The only improvement they can do on the white on black is to allow turning off the light. In the dark the lowest light setting in white on black is way too bright. Not that I would read it with light off, but at least let it go down as low as normal mode.
I just wish they would make that feature easier to activate/deactivate, instead of burying it under multiple layers of menus. They need an icon for it in the basic settings bar on top next to the light slider.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:08 AM   #8
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avwriter View Post
I just wish they would make that feature easier to activate/deactivate, instead of burying it under multiple layers of menus. They need an icon for it in the basic settings bar on top next to the light slider.
Agreed! It takes a ridiculous number of screen touches to turn on or off the inverted text. I wonder if that change would be possible for Amazon to implement via a software update.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:38 PM   #9
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Title updated.
Thank you very much.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:52 PM   #10
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
Quote:
Yes! Yes! Yes!
I spend more time doing the switch every evening and morning, why is it not easier?
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:05 PM   #11
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
Yes! Yes! Yes!
I spend more time doing the switch every evening and morning, why is it not easier?
And ironically, they call it an 'Accessibility' feature. Why are accessibility options always so hard to find?

They could even add it to the 'disable touch screen' set of menus. The menus being all over the place doesn’t make any sense. Or if we could add it to a custom font, that would be great.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:32 PM   #12
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Right? I had to get a walkthrough to get it done the first time.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:15 AM   #13
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
And ironically, they call it an 'Accessibility' feature. Why are accessibility options always so hard to find?

They could even add it to the 'disable touch screen' set of menus. The menus being all over the place doesn’t make any sense. Or if we could add it to a custom font, that would be great.
Right. They need to change the label to "Inaccessibility."
Old 06-27-2019, 10:20 AM   #14
Avwriter
Addict

An even better idea would be to add an optional integration of that setting to the light sensor. I noticed that Amazon said they integrated the "screen temperature" with it. Why not provide an option to add "white on black" and even font size to the light sensor as well. (I find that when I read at night with white on black, I also need to increase the font size a notch to read comfortably. If all of that would happen automatically when the lights went off, it would be so cool!
Old 06-27-2019, 11:35 AM   #15
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Didn't they drop the ALS (Ambient Light Sensor) after the Voyage?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote