Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-31-2019, 03:11 AM   #46
hubestar
hubestar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks Harry, interesting. Cannot see the kindle oasis, but can see my kindle voyager!
hubestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:15 AM   #47
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Then that’s the issue - absolutely nothing to do with Calibre. Try a different USB cable. If possible, try plugging it into a different computer and see if it appears there. If everything fails, it’s possible that your Oasis has a faulty USB connector.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2019, 03:16 AM   #48
hubestar

I am using the original kindle USB wire, but Mac Finder still cannot detect my kindle Oasis. Yet it detects my kindle Voyager!!! Very strange, any ideas?
Old 01-31-2019, 03:17 AM   #49
hubestar

But the kindle Oasis shows that its battery is being charged!
Old 01-31-2019, 03:20 AM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That just shows that there’s a power connection, not that the data pins are connecting. To repeat, try a different USB cable.
Advert
Old 01-31-2019, 03:26 AM   #51
hubestar

I tried all 5 of my cables and with both my Mac USB ports. Mac Finder still doesn't recognize my Kindle Oasis. Does this mean my Kindle is faulty?
Old 01-31-2019, 03:32 AM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

That does seem likely. Do you have access to a different computer (either PC or Mac) that you could try connecting it to and see if it shows up there?
Old 01-31-2019, 03:37 AM   #53
hubestar

Good suggestion, thanks! Another MAC also cannot detect the kindle Oasis...
Old 01-31-2019, 04:39 AM   #54
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

You could try asking in the Kindle forum whether there are any known issues connecting an Oasis to a Mac, but in the absence of known problems, I'm afraid the evidence is pointing at a problem with the Oasis' USB connector.