Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-23-2020, 01:38 PM   #76
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelocotonto View Post
Try a new kobocloudrc with only a line, this:

Code:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX?usp=sharing
No luck
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:30 AM   #77
tylpk
Enthusiast
tylpk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3, Hisense A5, HyRead Gaze Pocket, Kobo Elipsa
Because Shell read command has problem when the last line does not have newline, you could add newline in the last line of config file.

https://github.com/fsantini/KoboCloud/issues/31
tylpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:04 PM   #78
mdx
mdx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylpk View Post
Because Shell read command has problem when the last line does not have newline, you could add newline in the last line of config file.

Haha there we go, that did the trick for me. Thanks!
mdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:19 PM   #79
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

TYSM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylpk View Post

TYSM did the trick for me!
Old 08-10-2020, 09:25 AM   #80
ionontelodico
ionontelodico began at the beginning.

Device: RichardBiavaQZ
Hi all
...i still have problems downloading my ebook from google drive to my Kobo Glo HD...
This is my kobocloudrc file:
Quote:
# Add your URLs to this file
# Remove the # from the following line to uninstall KoboCloud
#UNINSTALL
# Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/My_Shared_Folder
enter character
My experience:
The cloud downloading worked the first time, but not completely... i have 74 ebooks, and my kobo glo hd downloaded only 41; every time i switch on my kobo, it seems to me it stucks on 6% of downloading...and still i have only 41 books
You can see my Kobo Log in the attachment...
Can you help me? Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt LOG_.txt (176.2 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by ionontelodico; 08-10-2020 at 10:32 AM.
ionontelodico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:09 AM   #81
chungtd94
chungtd94 began at the beginning.

Device: KoboGlo
It worked as well. I changed downloaded file's directory to /mnt/onboard but after download completes it can't import new contents automatically.
Anyone can show me how to reload to import new downloaded file automatically.
Many thanks and sorry for my English.
chungtd94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 01:14 PM   #82
Agrajag
Connoisseur
Agrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it isAgrajag knows what time it is

Device: Nook Simple Touch
No love here. I tried both a Dropbox Share and a Google Drive share and the new books won't sync over.
Agrajag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #83
Elektron
Banned

Try putting a comment before and after the links.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #84
seajay1221
just a guy
seajay1221 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Saw that this involves putting a .tgz on the kobo. Does this interfere at all with modifications to the firmware applied via kobopatch?
seajay1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 10:01 PM   #85
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The tgz is how all mods are installed. The device expands the tgz and copies files, then deletes the tgz
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 12:51 AM   #86
mxbndr
Grateful Plebe
mxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Libra H2O
I've been able to get this to download from Google Drive and Dropbox, for my Libra H2O. Thanks for that! I love it.

I'm wondering: does this support 2-way sync, and deleting? For instance
  1. Does deleting from the cloud delete on the device?
  2. Does deleting from the device delete on the cloud?
Or does this only support downloading from the cloud?
mxbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:27 AM   #87
am68
am68 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbndr View Post
I've been able to get this to download from Google Drive and Dropbox, for my Libra H2O. Thanks for that! I love it.

I'm wondering: does this support 2-way sync, and deleting? For instance
  1. Does deleting from the cloud delete on the device?
  2. Does deleting from the device delete on the cloud?
Or does this only support downloading from the cloud?
Hallo!
As far as I know it only supports downloading from the cloud.
am68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:31 PM   #88
pina
pina began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
I opened an issue on Git, but it seems like pretty deserted out there, so I hope someone could help me out here...

I added the link of my Google Drive to the config file. The log files show that it finds the link and downloads my files. But when I browse to the .add/kobocloud/library folder, I only see my cbz files of 3kb instead of 150MB

When I add a simple PDF to the Google Drive, it does show up. I added the same cbz files directly on the mounted drive when plugging in my Clara and it DOES show up that file. So it’s not a corrupted or unreadable file for my Kobo...

I also tried a cbz file of 20MB and it did show up... Is there a file size limitation present in the script?
pina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:20 PM   #89
jgbout
Groupie
jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Don't know if I'd be brave enough to try this, although sync to gDrive would be AMAZING...

Question: does this mod remain after new kobo updates ?
jgbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:58 PM   #90
Elektron
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbout View Post
Don't know if I'd be brave enough to try this, although sync to gDrive would be AMAZING...

Question: does this mod remain after new kobo updates ?
Yes. It remains after updates.

It won't brick your eReader. I've tried this.

Tags
cloud, dropbox, google drive, pcloud