Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 06:37 PM   #1081
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:56 PM   #1082
munkbean
munkbean began at the beginning.

Device: n647
N647

I just bought an used N647, my sd card was working until it updated to 1.9.12.
I am totally new to this, does anyone have instructions on how to fix this?
Old 01-28-2021, 11:16 PM   #1083
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:01 AM   #1084
out61AA
out61AA began at the beginning.

Device: N647 wifi
N647 firmware update

Please send me instrustion how to upgrade my old N647 kobo wifi.
i dusted off from few years ago. it works but not upgrading.
thank you so much. Im senior 69 but handy, hope could do this.
thanks.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:09 AM   #1085
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by out61AA View Post
Please send me instrustion how to upgrade my old N647 kobo wifi.
i dusted off from few years ago. it works but not upgrading.
thank you so much. Im senior 69 but handy, hope could do this.
thanks.
What firmware version do you have on the device? Kobo stopped updating the WiFi a few years ago. The last firmware version released for the devices was either 1.9.11 or 1.9.12. If you have one of these, then there are no updates available.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:03 PM   #1086
ljm3101
ljm3101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
I have the same problem with my Kobo WiFi N647. Could DavidFor please send me a link to the SD card image. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:03 PM   #1087
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@ljm3101: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 02-10-2021, 03:30 AM   #1088
ljm3101

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@ljm3101: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Hi Davidfor,

Thanks for the hint, can you please try again? I am now able to see "Private Message" in User Control Panel > Private Messages.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:59 PM   #1089
mps
mps began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO N289
Hi davidfor,
I am a newbie here. I have an old Kobo wireless model N289. About a few months ago a forced update bricked it and now I can't see or load any books to it.
Can you please help and provide and image and instructions to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

-mps
Old 02-14-2021, 03:56 AM   #1090
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
Old 02-14-2021, 03:58 AM   #1091
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljm3101 View Post
Hi Davidfor,

Thanks for the hint, can you please try again? I am now able to see "Private Message" in User Control Panel > Private Messages.
PM sent. My apologies for missing this.
Old 02-14-2021, 04:23 AM   #1092
ljm3101

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent. My apologies for missing this.
No problem. Thank you very much. Real life saver.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:56 PM   #1093
mps
mps began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO N289
Thank you davidfor.
got the pm. Will try the image.

Thanks a lot.
Old 03-28-2021, 07:04 PM   #1094
JayPowe
JayPowe began at the beginning.

Device: N647
Hi davidfor,

I need the image file as well.

Regards,

JaPowe
Old 03-28-2021, 07:15 PM   #1095
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi