Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-15-2019, 03:07 AM   #1
dannylin
dannylin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
How to add custom fonts?

I read a lot of posts saying that I can simply copy fonts into a folder called "fonts" in Kobo's eReader and it's done.

I've upgraded my Forma's firmware to 4.13.12638 and try to do so but unfortunately, my fonts are not shown in the Kobo font list and the name of fonts are in blank.

Is there anything wrong?
dannylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:54 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
There are fairly strict standards for the names of the font files. That is frequently the problem when fonts don't appear. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=204363 for instructions.

You should also restart the device to make sure they are seen.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2019, 10:20 AM   #3
FrustratedReader
Busy elsewhere
FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The Calibre ePub Check plugin can check embedded fonts in an epub and highlight filenames that can be incompatible.
Note a family of fonts must have the main part of the name renamed the same. Avoid extra dots, space or accents.
FrustratedReader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forma, kobo