Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Is there an easy way to determine the publisher?

There is an active thread with many posts asking which books you would like to see issued as eBooks.

I think I will email the publishers of those books I am interested in. However, the ones I would like to see are out of print.

I wonder if there is a website which lists the publishers of books now out of print. The books I have in mind are not obscure, they're just fifty years old.

Any ideas?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:55 AM   #2
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Try google books or isbndb.com. They are the sources used by Calibre. Or, you can just look the book up on Amazon. They sometimes include older books and will include publishing information.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2010, 04:11 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Fantastic Fiction is an excellent resource, too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys! It looks isbndb.com gets me started!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

OK, I have written Macmillan regarding the Mr. & Mrs. North series, Jove regarding the Mike Shayne series, and Ballantine regarding Perry Mason.

We'll see if and when I receive any response!
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

One more: I wrote to Signet regarding Ellery Queen.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:33 AM   #7
mr.jjm54
mr.jjm54 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Mike Shayne and Ellery Queen would be great additions to a mystery lovers library
mr.jjm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #8
emoorman
Obsessive Reader
emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nokia 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
OK, I have written Macmillan regarding the Mr. & Mrs. North series, Jove regarding the Mike Shayne series, and Ballantine regarding Perry Mason.

We'll see if and when I receive any response!
Mr & Mrs North-I remember them! And Perry Mason. I think I read all of those a thousand years ago. I haven't thought of them in ages, and now that you bring them up, I remember how much I enjoyed them. Also the British detective books, Inspector West and Gideon series by Creasy. I'd buy those in Kindle format if they were available at a reasonable price.
emoorman is offline   Reply With Quote