Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 06-19-2020, 01:13 PM   #1
bangclue
bangclue began at the beginning.

Device: Android FBReader
Per-user language setting on server

Hi,
I have a server that I'm starting to use for an extended family member who doesn't speak English. I'd like to have the server show him his language (in the search criteria page, for example) while remaining English for the rest of the users. Is this possible?
--bc
bangclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Consider making a VL for that language. That user gets the VL
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, I'm afraid the server UI can be in only a single language., the same language as used for the calibre UI
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 01:19 AM   #4
bangclue

Sorry, @theducks, I am not talking about the book content but the UI.
Thanks, KG.
Old 06-20-2020, 01:22 AM   #5
bangclue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No, I'm afraid the server UI can be in only a single language., the same language as used for the calibre UI
Hm, had another thought:
This is a server running without a UI. Is it possible to run two read-only servers against the same library simultaneously?
Old 06-20-2020, 03:23 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No I'm afraid not, unless you make two copies of the library and run two separate servers under different user accounts.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 11:23 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangclue View Post
Hm, had another thought:
This is a server running without a UI. Is it possible to run two read-only servers against the same library simultaneously?
I saw Kovids answer and went SERVER Language, not book
Sorry
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 03:39 PM   #8
bangclue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No I'm afraid not, unless you make two copies of the library and run two separate servers under different user accounts.
I guess I will have to divide the books into two libraries then. Not ideal but should be doable. Thanks KG.
Old 06-20-2020, 03:40 PM   #9
bangclue

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I saw Kovids answer and went SERVER Language, not book
Sorry
Happens to me all the time too.

Tags