Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-22-2016, 06:49 AM   #1
guillemangel
guillemangel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I can't convert .cbr to .mobi

Hello,

I have a problem. I'm trying to convert .cbr to .mobi for my Kindle. Since latest versions, I can't convert .cbr or . cbz to .mobi in Calibre.

Any help?

guillemangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:01 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Maybe post the error log from the conversion. None of us are psychic.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2016, 10:16 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Which Kindle is it? If it's one that support KF8, convert to KF8.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 04:21 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Using calibre 2.70 [64 bit] on Windows 10 1511, converting a CBZ (and CBR) to MOBI works for me using the default settings, also with Output Profile set to 'Kindle'. And I can read the MOBI with Mobipocket Reader

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 04:24 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Using calibre 2.70 [64 bit] on Windows 10 1511, converting a CBZ (and CBR) to MOBI works for me using the default settings, also with Output Profile set to 'Kindle'. And I can read the MOBI with Mobipocket Reader

BR
Don't set the output profile to Kindle. That reduces the images. Set the Output profile to tablet especially if the Kindle is one with a hi-res display.
Advert
Old 10-22-2016, 05:12 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@JSWolf - I wrote that I did two conversions, one using the defaults (in my case Tablet), another using Kindle.

FYI: some of the people with whom I exchange 'books' have small refurbed Kindles with limited capacity, others have ISP's that barf on emails with large attachments or large downloads, and some are on low speed unreliable sat links in remote locations. You need think beyond the walled garden of North Atlantic littoral states. Most of us don't live there.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:48 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@JSWolf - I wrote that I did two conversions, one using the defaults (in my case Tablet), another using Kindle.

FYI: some of the people with whom I exchange 'books' have small refurbed Kindles with limited capacity, others have ISP's that barf on emails with large attachments or large downloads, and some are on low speed unreliable sat links in remote locations. You need think beyond the walled garden of North Atlantic littoral states. Most of us don't live there.

BR
I use some online server to upload the file to and then email the link. That works much better than attaching the file. It then doesn't matter what sort of attachment limits there are.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:05 AM   #8
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
@JSWolf,
had you ever paid a bill for data transfer via satellite? I did and can truly say: it matters.

It doesn't matter if the data is on an server around the world when you need to download it via an expensive link or a line where you can count the bytes by transferring when you have to pay the time you use the line (what mostly is expensive too).

Theses days for a lot people this don't matter because of a "perfect" infra structure. But a lot of people in the world don't have this kind of luxury. I have this luxury too, but some friends of mine not and I need all the time remember that if we like to do stupid things like eMail attachments or document transfers.

Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.cbr, .cbz, .mobi conversion, calbire, comic