Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
stan1
stan1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
0.7.7 converts double "l's" to single

Hello,
I apologize if this has been addressed somewhere in the forum that I missed. I just updated to the latest version of calibre and used it to convert some pdf's to mobi. However all double "l's" get converted to single, so you have "hal" instead of "hall," and "wal" instead of "wall," etc, quite distracting. Is anyone else having this problem, and is there a way around it?
stan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Unfortunately, it is a well-known problem, with a complicated fix that isn't done yet. Search for 'ligature' and you will find several threads.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
stan1
stan1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I see. Thank you.
stan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:03 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Excellent though Calibre is, PDF conversion really isn't one of its strengths. You might like to try Book Designer for that specific task - I generally find that the results are better.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote