Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
NJReader
Edge User

Viewing Textbook PDFs...

Hello, I have been planning on purchasing an eDGe.

Could anyone tell me how well the eDGe displays book PDFs loaded from a thumbdrive?
Do they display on the eInk side?

Thanks.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
OncTech
Edge User

Yes they do display on the eInk side. You can view color images on the LCD side by using the "camera" symbol and drawing a box around the image.

You do get more functionality if you add the pdf to your library, though I should point out that doing this copies the PDF to a hidden storage on the eDGe itself. This is not itself a problem unless the pdf is huge or you don't want to copy it.

Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
NJReader
Edge User

Is it possible, and/or difficult to transfer a PDF from the eDGe to an inserted SD-card?

My goal was to transfer my PDF books onto an SD-card in the eDGe, that are currently on a thumbdrive.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:06 PM   #4
NiaTrue
Edge User

It's fairly easy to save ePUBs and PDFs to your SD card, whether from your computer, phone, or the library on the eDGe. You just use the library to select a file and then choose the location to which you want to save it. From your phone, you'd need an intermediary: either email the file to yourself then download and save it, or use a service like DropBox or SugarSync to access files in the cloud and then save them to your eDGe.

And to augment what OncTech said, depending on whether or not you've set defaults for certain functions, each time you open a PDF, you will be asked whether to want to add it to the library or use PDF-To-Go to open the file.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
MichaelV
Edge User

use astro file explorer on edge! all you need.

Advert