Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
Mirca Yang
Mirca Yang began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
PDF version 1.6 (Acrobat 7.X)

Hi all,

Just bought a second hand iLiad a couple of days ago. I have some ebooks with PDF files which the ereader can read well but only this ebook that I need most... iLiad doesn't show anything. The size is 906,25 KB.
Another ebook PDF version 1.4 (Acrobat 5.x) size 1,82 MB works fine on the ereader so I thought by converting to this version, the earlier-mentioned ebook would work fine, still... the result is the same, the ereader doesn't read the file.
Any idea what I should do?
Thank you.
By the way, wish you all Happy 2011!
Mirca Yang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Hi!

What is the source of your .pdf that doesn't work? Public Domain scanned book or commercially/professionally prepared .pdf?

I had an issue loading Google .pdf ebooks that employ JPEG2000 (scanned) images as those don't load properly on the iLiad. The work-around I found was to "optimize" the .pdf for 1.4 version or earlier using Abode Acrobat Pro or similar software. The re-saved version then worked well!

Other than that my iLiad reads .pdf ebooks quite well. Make sure you install one of the updated .ipdf's (I use jharker's fullscreen version on my iLiad 2nd edition v2.12!)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
Mirca Yang
Mirca Yang began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
The ebook is not a scanned book. I just tried again to convert to an earlier version 1.3 (Acrobat 4.x) using Neevia Document Converter Pro v6.1 (http://neevia.com)... No, it doesn't work on the iLiad :-(
The property of the original ebook is:
Created: 4-5-2009
Application: PScripts.dll Version 5.2
Advanced
PDF Producer: Acrobat Distiller 7.0 (Windows)
PDF Version : 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x)

I still have many things to figure out how to install a new software. I don't know the version of the iLiad but the software inside is version 2.12

Help...
Thank you.
Mirca Yang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirca Yang View Post
The ebook is not a scanned book. I just tried again to convert to an earlier version 1.3 (Acrobat 4.x) using Neevia Document Converter Pro v6.1 (http://neevia.com)... No, it doesn't work on the iLiad :-(
The property of the original ebook is:
Created: 4-5-2009
Application: PScripts.dll Version 5.2
Advanced
PDF Producer: Acrobat Distiller 7.0 (Windows)
PDF Version : 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x)
As a last resort, consider converting that .pdf to .prc using the freely available Mobipocket Creator. Just load it and transfer the resulting .prc to the iLiad. This works best with non-scanned .pdf's and will allow you to access the internal dictionary look-up capaibility the iLiad uses with .prc files.

Quote:
I still have many things to figure out how to install a new software. I don't know the version of the iLiad but the software inside is version 2.12

Help...
Thank you.
That version, v2.12 for the iLiad 2nd edition, is the latest. The iLiad v2 book edition (which lacks wifi) has version 2.12.1, but is virtually the same firmware.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote