Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-28-2015, 01:56 PM   #1
nicolasmart
Sometimes active.
nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT2, PW2
Again, the jailbreak!

This is a pretty old thread, when I didn't really know much about jailbreaking Kindles, and it's useless to read this. I leave my original post in a spoiler just for the memory.

Spoiler:
Hi, I just bought a brand new KT2 for christmas and i just want to jailbreak it. It's running the 5.6.1.0.6 firmware and I see that there isn't other method than the serial port one. Is there other variant for JB the 5.6 fw? If there isn't where can i find the files for manually jailbreaking the KT2?

Last edited by nicolasmart; 08-11-2017 at 11:15 AM.
nicolasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasmart View Post
Hi, I just bought a brand new KT2 for christmas and i just want to jailbreak it. It's running the 5.6.1.0.6 firmware and I see that there isn't other method than the serial port one. Is there other variant for JB the 5.6 fw? If there isn't where can i find the files for manually jailbreaking the KT2?
The files required are all included with the jailbreak package.

The only thing, the Kindle will not run them for you, you have to run them yourself from the serial port command line.

Details in the various manual JB threads here.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 05:00 PM   #3
nicolasmart
Sometimes active.
nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nicolasmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The files required are all included with the jailbreak package.

The only thing, the Kindle will not run them for you, you have to run them yourself from the serial port command line.

Details in the various manual JB threads here.
Here? Where? You forgot to attach link to the "here" label.
nicolasmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 05:37 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's because there's a big search button, and the relevant threads are properly tagged, which makes them even easier to find.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:01 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasmart View Post
Here? Where? You forgot to attach link to the "here" label.
See the top part of this forum index -
Find a sticky thread with "Where do I start?" in its title -
Read through that, you will reach a section that includes a link to the FGA -
Among the FGA list you will find several suggestions on how to find things in this forum.

- - - - -

TL;DR: what Niluje wrote above.

- - - - -

The help desk service has hit a new low -
Some posters want us to read the postings for them
(reasonable at times, there are millions of posts here) -
nicolasmart wants us to read the postings index.
oh, whee, wait till he/she discovers that we have an indexed wiki also.

Last edited by knc1; 03-30-2015 at 08:15 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jail, jailbreak, kindle glare touch, kindle touch, kt2