Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
California author kills his children, self

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/...1001360014835/
Very sad. I wonder what made him snap and do such a horrible thing.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I bet the reason has to do with his "estranged" wife. These types of killings usually revolve around relationship problems between the parents. Very sad, indeed.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I bet the reason has to do with his "estranged" wife. These types of killings usually revolve around relationship problems between the parents. Very sad, indeed.
I supposed that's as possible a reason as any, though I imagine the conspiracy buffs will be saying he was getting too much publicity from his tell all book about 9-11 and someone decided he had to be silenced.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I supposed that's as possible a reason as any, though I imagine the conspiracy buffs will be saying he was getting too much publicity from his tell all book about 9-11 and someone decided he had to be silenced.
hmm

nah, all conspiracionists are crazy and end up bringing their own tragedies upon them
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
What I never get in these cases: if they are not able to or do not want to live any longer, okay, it's sad but it's their decision, but why do they always kill their kids too? I just don't understand it.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
What I never get in these cases: if they are not able to or do not want to live any longer, okay, it's sad but it's their decision, but why do they always kill their kids too? I just don't understand it.
I think it's usually either spite i.e. I want to make him/her hurt like they hurt me or they get so despondent that they think it's better to not only end their suffering but to take the other members of their family along so they wont suffer from their loss.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
They aren't rational. Sometimes they think they are "saving" them from black helicopters, demons, Hell, the Illuminati, or whatever. The world of their broken imaginations is so much more horrible than the real world that they really think they are saving their children from it. Sometimes they are afraid that their children will be taken away, and they confuse their distress with the children's distress. Bring taken out of the home can be the best thing for the children, but a deranged person might not be able to tell the difference between their own desires and what is right for the children. Sometimes it's to punish an ex-spouse, their hatred overwhelms everything else. Again, we aren't talking about people with well-ordered minds.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #8
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Possible, just like Chris Kyle. Conspiracy everywhere. Ironic that he got snuffed out shot in a gun range.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2608772.html
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
we aren't talking about people with well-ordered minds.
I think that's one thing that no one can argue with.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #10
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
The short answer is "he's not right in the head," though it doesn't always rise to the level of mental illness by formal defintions. The phenomenon is called Family Annihilator
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:07 AM   #11
Krykorya
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
The short answer is "he's not right in the head," though it doesn't always rise to the level of mental illness by formal defintions. The phenomenon is called Family Annihilator
Your hyperlink directs to the Google homepage, so here's the Wikipedia entry for familicide.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #12
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The Catholic Church changed its policy to allow people who commit suicide to be buried by the Church. The reasoning was that there is no way of knowing if the person was making a decision under the duress of mental illness and their action should not be judged by the Church on Earth but by God in heaven. I think we are all developing a better understanding of how serious mental illness can be and what it can cause people to do.

That said, I do wish that people who are committing suicide would just kill themselves and not their children or other people. Suicide is awful enough and hard enough to understand. Suicide murder is well beyond my capacity to understand.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Quote:
In my opinion, cases like these are about someone who doesn't know how to deal with rejection. Killing the kids is a way to hurt the person who rejected you.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #14
JAcheson
Tech Writer
JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch, Vizio Tablet, Nexus 10
Someone who feels that they are lost may also feel that they "can't save their kids" either.

This is a terrible tragedy, I feel badly for the kids and their surviving relatives.
JAcheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #15
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
IT'S A KOOKSPIRACY!!!1!
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote