Notices

Old 03-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
default format when sending to device

Hi.
I have the Sony PRS-505. I prefer to use the LRF format.
When I send a book to the device and it has not been converted then Calibre asks if i want to convert it and then send. i like this but it auto converts to EPUB and i would prefer LRF.
Is there an option to have the default format be LRF when it auto converts instead of EPUB?

thanx
richreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Got To Preferences > Plugins > Device Interface Plugins then highlight the PRS-300/505 plugin and click the Customize plugin button. This pops up a window that lets you choose the formats and in what order of preference. You can simply move the LRF up past epub.

However if there is an epub I think it will still select that. I think if you uncheck all the other formats Calibre will then convert everything to LRF. Anyway, this is where you get to play with the formats you can accept for your reader.

Hope this helps.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2010, 01:36 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by richreads View Post
Hi.
I have the Sony PRS-505. I prefer to use the LRF format.
When I send a book to the device and it has not been converted then Calibre asks if i want to convert it and then send. i like this but it auto converts to EPUB and i would prefer LRF.
Is there an option to have the default format be LRF when it auto converts instead of EPUB?

thanx
Just go to Preferences and change the Preferred output format to LRF.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-29-2010 at 01:39 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
animedude01's answer it the correct one. Preferred output format in preferences is overridden / not used when sending to the device. And consequently auto-convert. Not all devices support the format that may be chosen for the Preferred output format setting so device specific formats are used.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
animedude01's answer it the correct one. Preferred output format in preferences is overridden / not used when sending to the device. And consequently auto-convert. Not all devices support the format that may be chosen for the Preferred output format setting so device specific formats are used.
Thanks for the clarification. I made the assumption that changing the main preference to epub would be the default controlling entity for any conversion if push came to shove.

Learn something new every day.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
Thanx for the answer.
I'll try that as soon as I get home.
richreads is offline   Reply With Quote