20 hrs 7 8.86%
20+ hrs 64 81.01%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2007, 04:51 PM   #106
L1Wulf
Enthusiast
L1Wulf began at the beginning.

Device: nook
My last post was done during single digit weather (Fahrenheit, I should point out) and the night after posting, the battery bar returned to full. Today, it dropped to three bars prior to going out into the cold. Since the above post, there have been 300+ actual pages read--figure in setting bookmarks at the end of each "reading session", perhaps an average of five, and unsetting said bookmark when starting, not to mention three to five power down/up per day and the occasional menu browsing, accidental button pushing, etc., we'll say approx. 400 screen updates... that comes to approx 1600 screens for four bars (full battery), which seems to coincide with other observations here.

Perhaps there will be more page turns during the third and second bars, time will tell.
L1Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:45 PM   #107
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_ninja
That provides the best of both:
1) can be left alone for months and batteries won't drain
2) can provide a lot of current for MP3 playing and other needs
3) still has plenty of juice for music and page turns
4) can recharge
You left out cheap and easy to replace and upgrade as the tech continues to develop.

But then, I realize you weren't trying to make a comprehensive list. Those are just my two favorite aspects of rechargeable AA/AAA batteries.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #108
vonz4
vonz4 began at the beginning.

Device: sony daily edition
Unhappy Battery Degraded

I've had my reader (daily edition) for about two and a half months. I've read almost 4 books with it, 800+ pages per book, and all was well until about a week ago. I noticed that the charge time was reduced, and now, greatly reduced between charges. It's like the lithium battery has developed "memory", and is only good for a couple hours. There were a couple times I didn't let it completely discharge before recharging, but shouldn't have caused this. I just ordered a new battery, so we'll see.
vonz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #109
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfc View Post
Another "problem", the reader is also charged by plugging it into the USB port on a computer. I've been plugging it in, downloading various books I've converted to RTF, adjusting fonts, etc. So... unless someone downloads all the books they want to read for a month and never connects their reader to their computer in that time, we may never know!

Reminds me of the tootsie pop commercials. How many licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop. The world may never know...

But they do know how many licks, average is 252, LOL. Really haha. sorry couldn't resist. check it out yourself ----> http://www.tootsie.com/gal_machine.php
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #110
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
another factor, is one reading book after book, a breather of a day or so between books etc.....the things lose battery life just sitting unused as well.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #111
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Depends on whether asleep or shutdown as well... both my 300 and 650 hold full charge for month plus when shutdown and my 505 needs a charge every 10-14 days with several hours reading per day (and I'm a fast reader so that represents at least 2-300 pages per day) but only put to sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings View Post
another factor, is one reading book after book, a breather of a day or so between books etc.....the things lose battery life just sitting unused as well.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #112
MaxLV
Connoisseur
MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Those of you who have the Reader already, could you comment on battery lifetime?
First thing.
The poll figures are invalid. The Sony ereaders can go for *weeks* between a charge, NOT just hours.

I last charged my 650 on 26/10/2010. 1 month ago today.
I haven't plugged into the computer in the last 3 weeks either; No new books to download.
The battery meter says the battery is still 75% full (3 bars) and it only dropped to that level on Tuesday this week. (23/11/2010)

Daily reading sessions total 3-5 hours.

Powered OFF between sessions not put in standby.
MaxLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #113
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
I charge my reader almost every two weeks, sometimes it'll last close to three weeks. I read an absolute minimum of two hours a day, everyday.
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:46 AM   #114
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
my PRS 500 would last FOREVER. 2-4 weeks but would die "suddenly" when it was time

I LOVE my new DX but the battery life is nothing like the sony. 2-5 days of heavy reading (while the sony would go 2+ weeks heavy reading) for me heavy reading is 4-8 hours a day. (yes thats radio off) I wish they would have used the space inside the DX to install a massive battery :-)
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:23 AM   #115
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfc View Post
So... unless someone downloads all the books they want to read for a month and never connects their reader to their computer in that time,
An old post, but since it's been recently quoted...

I just spent a month on a ship, no internet access in that time, so the only time I connected my 300 to my laptop was to charge it. I did that once, when the battery indicator was down to 2 bars (of 4). I typically read 2-3 hours per day on the reader (also had access to pbooks) and tend to leave it on standby. I can't remember whether I charged it the day before I boarded, but on the assumption I did, I still got 2-3 weeks before I charged it, and it was not fully discharged when I did.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote