Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
tmgplc
Enthusiast
tmgplc began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire 7" (2014)
5" PPro Book Light Recommendations

Hello -

I love my Pocket Pro and wanted to know if anyone had some book light recommendations. I am trying to find something that fits well, small and not too obtrusive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
tmgplc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Two fine choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgplc View Post
Hello -

I love my Pocket Pro and wanted to know if anyone had some book light recommendations. I am trying to find something that fits well, small and not too obtrusive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dear tmgpic:

I work for Astak.

I also love my Pocket PRO and we are making it btter with firmware upgrades. Make certain you check our website (www.theEZreader.com) for the firmware upgrades.

Astak recommends the Mighty Bright line! Why? Because they are the leader in the market, made in Santa Barbara California, and they come in colors (like the Pocket PRO). There are two ideal models:

The Mini-Flex LED light clips onto the Pocket PRO fine and it uses a fine optical lens to diffuse the light. It is easy to carry, unobtrusive, and offers 24 hours of continuous use before you may need to easily replace the "button-type" batteries.

The XtraFlex 2 LED light is a tiny bit larger but uses twin LED and I like that. That is the one I use. You can use one LED or both as you like and it uses three AAA batteries available at any drugstore.

I am urging my Product Manager to put them for sale on our (www.theEZreader.com) website!! I hope to do this soon! They are already in our Gift Basket that we have on sale.

Yes, you can find them on Amazon now... but I hope you will wait.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
I have a Mighty Bright light (I think it's the XtraFlex 2) and I love it. I found that I couldn't position my old light so that I didn't get a reflection off the screen of my reader, but with the flexible neck on the Mighty Bright I don't have that problem at all. I only use mine during power outages, so I know it throws plenty of light (it even doubles as a flashlight on occasion). The only possible drawback I can see is that it's a very white light. Personally I have no problem with that, but I can see how it might not be right for everyone.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:51 AM   #4
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
I also have the Mighty Bright light & found it at my local Borders. I clip onto the PocketPRO case instead of directly on the PPRO.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:29 AM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hello tmgplc. One thing to keep in mind is cost of batteries. I go with lights that can take AA or AAA as I have a lot of recharables batteries in this size.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
tmgplc
Enthusiast
tmgplc began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire 7" (2014)
Thank you for all the great suggestions. I will check them out.
tmgplc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #7
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
I have a Mighty Bright but the clip was huge. Sure couldn't clip onto my PP. So I put it on my head board. It's excellent.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #8
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
I got a booklight from Target. A Pathway Lights Poser TaskBright for $7.99, it takes 2 AAA Batteries. The clip is a little big because that is where you put in the battery. I clip it on my leather book cover while I read at night and it works perfectly.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote