Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-07-2018, 03:24 PM   #16
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
One good Anker multi port charger and a couple of cables works great for traveling. All of our devices use either a lightening connector or micro USB.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:38 PM   #17
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjfan View Post
At home it’s not such a big deal. When you’re travelling a lot, things are different—you’re probably going to want to charge your phone every night. And dragging around a bunch of chargers is inconvenient. Having an e-ink reader that can last several days on a charge is helpful.
Aside from iDevices, most ereaders, tablets and phones use a micro-USB charger. When I travel, I take my Lenovo tablet, Kobo reader and Nexus 6 and don't have any issues. The tablet can get by with a charge every few days and I don't typically have to charge the Kobo at all.

I could get by with a single charger, except that I also tend to take a Bluetooth headset with me.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2018, 06:30 PM   #18
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
At home it’s not such a big deal. When you’re travelling a lot, things are different—you’re probably going to want to charge your phone every night. And dragging around a bunch of chargers is inconvenient. Having an e-ink reader that can last several days on a charge is helpful.
I am guessing you are single or your better half carries her own stuff.
Double usb port and 2 cables.
Ok traveling : cables in both car and truck all the time.
If staying in a motel: cables and chargers do not take up that much room in a laptop bag.
It isn't like the charger is the size of a Rubik's cube.
Heck I could fit the charger and the cables in an anklet sock.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:37 PM   #19
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
One good Anker multi port charger and a couple of cables works great for traveling. All of our devices use either a lightening connector or micro USB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Aside from iDevices, most ereaders, tablets and phones use a micro-USB charger. When I travel, I take my Lenovo tablet, Kobo reader and Nexus 6 and don't have any issues. The tablet can get by with a charge every few days and I don't typically have to charge the Kobo at all.

I could get by with a single charger, except that I also tend to take a Bluetooth headset with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I am guessing you are single or your better half carries her own stuff.
Double usb port and 2 cables.
Ok traveling : cables in both car and truck all the time.
If staying in a motel: cables and chargers do not take up that much room in a laptop bag.
It isn't like the charger is the size of a Rubik's cube.
Heck I could fit the charger and the cables in an anklet sock.
See how easy it is to get around self made, useless restrictions?

Well done folks!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #20
sjfan
Addict
sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Aside from iDevices, most ereaders, tablets and phones use a micro-USB charger.
Me too, but I have about 8 micro-USB devices that need charging; at home that's no problem to do every night. On the road I bring a 3-port USB-A charger (for the micro-USB stuff), 1-port USB-C (for my pone charger), and it works fine, but you have to be a little rigorous about rotating things. Every device that'll last a few more days saves a little bit of hassle.

It's not a big deal, just a nice benefit.
sjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2018, 10:57 PM   #21
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Me too, but I have about 8 micro-USB devices that need charging; at home that's no problem to do every night. On the road I bring a 3-port USB-A charger (for the micro-USB stuff), 1-port USB-C (for my pone charger), and it works fine, but you have to be a little rigorous about rotating things. Every device that'll last a few more days saves a little bit of hassle.

You lead a more interesting life than me
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:14 PM   #22
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

They make a 10 port charging tower. I can't remember if it is a Rav or an anker.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:28 AM   #23
sjfan
Addict
sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
They make a 10 port charging tower. I can't remember if it is a Rav or an anker.
I have a stupid tower of power at home with 4 ports on the front and 4 more on the back. Something like https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FQCU9C0/

It's just on the road that things get a little tighter.
sjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:38 AM   #24
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
I have a stupid tower of power at home with 4 ports on the front and 4 more on the back. Something like https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FQCU9C0/

It's just on the road that things get a little tighter.
Can I guess you are either using a bird or a dog for traveling?

I also have a six usb port charger that is small but it lights up the world.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:54 AM   #25
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Enjoy carrying your wall warts, cords, finding the hidden power outlet under the desk in the hotel room...

I'll just enjoy doing a charge before I leave and not worry about it.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:31 AM   #26
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Enjoy carrying your wall warts, cords, finding the hidden power outlet under the desk in the hotel room...

Leaving proprietary chargers behind... (Been there, done that - it wasn't returned and it was a bitch to replace without paying through the nose.)

Nowadays we've gone the Apple route apart from an ancient Nokia which the man won't replace. Mind you, there's multiple iterations of Apple connectors (iPod 21-pin, USB-2 and USB-3)...

Last edited by maddz; 01-08-2018 at 06:34 AM.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:14 PM   #27
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:

What is this under the desk? All the motels I have stayed in had easy outlets.
Motel 6 and La Quinta.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:52 PM   #28
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
What is this under the desk? All the motels I have stayed in had easy outlets.
Motel 6 and La Quinta.
Maybe they have moved them? Since I don't have to plug in all the time, my outlet location knowledge may be out of date.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:58 PM   #29
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Maybe they have moved them? Since I don't have to plug in all the time, my outlet location knowledge may be out of date.
I don't know about where you are, but many motels now have outlets about every 6 feet. In some of the nicer rooms, they have outlets built into the desks and the bedside lamps have an outlet in them.
Handy when you want to plug in your coffee maker too.