Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Angry Kobo No Longer at Ebates

I went to purchase a book at Kobo just now and noticed that my Ebates button didn't go green. When I checked, I found that Kobo is no longer among the stores offering rebates through Ebates.com.

It used to be a very nice deal, especially as the rebate was alway calculated on the Kobo price before any coupons; the 5% back they offered most recenty translated to 95% off during the recent madness. Earlier, their 10% rebate knocked $13 off the price of my Glo, although I bought it with a $60 coupon.

The end of an era. And it makes me wonder if, now that Sony is dead in North America, if Kobo isn't poised to cut back on the deals and discounts. The generous coupons during the most recent contest perhaps suggest the alternative. Frankly, I don't get what's going on, but that's Kobo.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I was never able to receive the Ebates rebate from Kobo. But I'm glad you did. They may be reinstated later. I've seen retailers return after a short absence.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I was never able to receive the Ebates rebate from Kobo.
Same.
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:09 PM   #4
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
They could just be trying various things to see what sticks (and different things in different markets). They have pretty generous coupons and at some point, they probably have to worry about profit...so maybe they can't keep offering every deal?
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:56 PM   #5
onegoodman25
onegoodman25 began at the beginning.

Device: nook, kobo glo
I wish I knew about the 10% cash back (not frequent user of ebates), I have been using pandacashback, they used to give 5% as well and it was reduced down recently to 2.5%.
onegoodman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert