Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-07-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Lightbulb i62HD frozen and solution

Hi. Yesterday I discovered that, rather than switching itself off after I last read it a day or two back, it had frozen itself on the last page viewed.

I tried the reset switch at the back, the power switch & then both at once, and connecting it to the USB, and nothing happened. I then found the following on a M92 thread, which also worked for the i62HD:
Quote:
I have found that the following sequence of actions does a "hard-reboot": first press the reset button in the hole on the back side of the M92 (I kept it "pressed" for something like 5 to 10 seconds, just to be sure) and then, immediately after you "release" that "reset button", press the standard "power on/off" button in the bottom of the device (just a short "click" is enough). ( M92 -- dead? frozen? bricked? )
It turned out to have completely drained the battery. But, after leaving it to charge for several hours, seems to be working fine again.

Does anybody know if there's a trouble-shooting guide for the i62HD? It would be handy to have, rather than having to search in the forum for ideas to try (some of which work, others don't).
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I am just guessing....

No reset was needed in your case. Simply charging the reader should do the trick.

Ebook reader might seem to be frozen because the display shows something, but the reader does not react. But the display does not need energy to keep showing things, so beside beeing frozen it may as well be out of energy.

There are wiki pages for m92 whis is similar, at this forum.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I am just guessing....

No reset was needed in your case. Simply charging the reader should do the trick.

Ebook reader might seem to be frozen because the display shows something, but the reader does not react. But the display does not need energy to keep showing things, so beside beeing frozen it may as well be out of energy.

There are wiki pages for m92 whis is similar, at this forum.
No. As previously stated, the reader did not respond to (having power supplied via) the USB connection. It did however immediately respond to reset-then-power-button. At which time it restarted normally but showed (what I think was) the critically-low-battery icon. Also "frozen" is the best explanation for why it failed to auto-shutdown, draining the battery in the first place.

I checked the m92 wiki page -- it doesn't appear to have anything on troubleshooting.

[ADDENDUM]

Incidentally, it is now 10-11 months since I bought my i62HD, and only the first time it has frozen. This compares favorably with my old PB360 (in spite of the less complex hardware presumably making for less to go wrong with), which tended to freeze every couple of months or so.

Last edited by Hrafn; 07-09-2013 at 04:09 AM. Reason: [ADDENDUM]
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i62hd, troubleshooting