Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Had a little scare with my Paperwhite

Last night I had a little scare with my Paperwhite. The battery was getting low and something decided to jam up. I couldn't get back to home on the unit, so I tapped on Kindle store to see if I could get there and then go back to home. It stuck on the kindle store. Oh great I thought something in the OS messed up. Before panicking (like one would like to) I looked at the help page over at Amazon for Paperwhite and found how to do the hard restart. I also set the unit to recharge a bit. After charging I did the hard reboot and everything went back to how it's supposed to be. Whew! I was so relieved to see it working properly again.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Very low battery levels can cause wonky behavior/freezes. Before trying anything, it's best to plug it in and let it recharge - then try a hard reset.

FWIW - I use the PW every day, so I just plug it in overnight to recharge regardless of its battery status - once you get into the habit, life gets "calmer"
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll remember to plug it in before it gets so low in the future. One time with the unit acting up is enough for me. I have noticed that it is faster than the k3 to download books, and even cleans up after itself. If I get a sample of a book and then decide to buy it the sample vanishes on its own when the full book downloads.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
My heart would have raced, and that little vein in my forehead would throb as I waited for it to come back to normal life.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultBoy View Post
My heart would have raced, and that little vein in my forehead would throb as I waited for it to come back to normal life.
I was not best pleased when it happened, and was indeed very relieved when it rebooted correctly.
Advert