Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Eboard Chess

Hi!
I have already seen some chess apps ported to KT. Anyway I wanted to see Eboard chess interface on my Kindle. It uses three engines: GNU Chess, Sjeng and Crafty. It also allows to play chess over internet.
On my page you will find first beta of the port. Main drawback is no keyboard, which is needed sometimes. For now it can be overcome by setting some things manually in configuration files. I have already set most things in the package.
I set up automatic guest login into FICS server. If you want to connect to other chess server or use your login/pass, (as there is no keyboard) you will have to adjust scripts/autofics.pl file, which is expect script.
If you want to test, GUI launcher package is on my webpage.
Have fun!

I will publish sources on my webpage in a few days, when I get more time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot5.gif
Views:	1125
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	92529  

Last edited by baf; 09-17-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: screenshot
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
top work.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
namebrandon
Connoisseur
namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Kindle WiFi
Nice work.. UCI engines by chance? That'd be awesome to see Komodo 5 or Stockfish on a Kindle..

When are you adding opening book support? (kidding.. )

Last edited by namebrandon; 09-17-2012 at 10:28 PM.
namebrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #4
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namebrandon View Post
Nice work.. UCI engines by chance? That'd be awesome to see Komodo 5 or Stockfish on a Kindle..

When are you adding opening book support? (kidding.. )
This app goes beyond my knowledge of chess programs. You would have to experiment yourself. There are plenty options. Read eboard manual.
Crafty engine uses book files with openings. And for UCI engines I could maybe add polyglot engine.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
baf
Evangelist

New version of Eboard chess is on my webpage.
I added Stockfish chess engine, but main change is that popup virtual keyboard finally works with input fields. Sometimes it pops up on top of an input field and obscures it, so that one can't see what they are typing. But it is better then nothing
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
Thank you! Excellent! Only sometimes hangs when you try to exit in menu during the game. Helps button "Power": double click and the menu is working again.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
Thank you! Excellent! Only sometimes hangs when you try to exit in menu during the game. Helps button "Power": double click and the menu is working again.
Thanks for feedback!
I didn't notice this problem. Which "Power" button helps?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think he means SS cycle? could be wrong.
(looking forward to trying this baf. top work old chap.)
Old 09-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #9
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
Thanks for feedback!
I didn't notice this problem. Which "Power" button helps?
Yes, "Power" button helps, push once, wait, and push again.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:46 AM   #10
twobob

I'm trying to think what power cycling could actually do....

I guess maybe it could alter the "focus" which might be the issue?
I'll have a play when I get a chance
Old 09-20-2012, 04:34 AM   #11
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I'm trying to think what power cycling could actually do....

I guess maybe it could alter the "focus" which might be the issue?
I'll have a play when I get a chance
If I understand correctly he enters screensaver mode and then wakes device. It may restore correct stack of windows or something like that.
Any further comments are welcome
Old 09-20-2012, 04:56 AM   #12
twobob

Yep. that's what I was driving at
Sounds about right. I'll have a fiddle...

My k5 knowledge would be err Zero at this point
Old 09-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #13
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
I've installed this on my kindle 5.1.2, and it's great. But when I copied the patch into /opt/jbpatch, and restarted my kindle, it didn't show up in JBPatch. Do I have to compile it or something?

@baf: the same happend with the leafpad patch.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #14
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
But when I copied the patch into /opt/jbpatch, and restarted my kindle, it didn't show up in JBPatch. Do I have to compile it or something?

@baf: the same happend with the leafpad patch.
These are packages prepared for Gui launcher. You just need to unzip downloaded file in extensions folder and restart Kindle. That's it.
You don't need to install any patches for it to work. The patches on my webpage are only for developers, not for JBPatch.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #15
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
That explains things.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons