Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #271
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Anyone knows where is saved the language preference in a Kindle Touch?!
/var/local/system/locale
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #272
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Thanks a lot....it could be useful to provide a localization for Komic!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #273
eureka
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks a lot....it could be useful to provide a localization for Komic!
For WAF apps localization is supported by underlying subsytem itself. It will load different resources basing on current locale (if different resources will be provided). Read here (it mentions Pillow, but it also works for WAF).
Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #274
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So if I create the same structure used by stock WAFs (local folder with languages folders inside), komic will search for the correct language?
If not present, which one is choosed?

Do I have to link the resource.js with absolute or relative path?

Thanks!!!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #275
eureka

Quote:
So if I create the same structure used by stock WAFs (local folder with languages folders inside), komic will search for the correct language?
Yes.

Quote:
If not present, which one is choosed?

Do I have to link the resource.js with absolute or relative path?

Thanks!!!
Look for example of search sequence here. Also look at how exactly resources are referenced in stock WAF apps.
Advert
Old 11-09-2012, 04:48 AM   #276
silver18
THE NOOB

Thanks a lot!
It works really fine!!

I just need to use variables instead of strings inside Komic!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #277
silver18
THE NOOB

Komic is now completely localized (en-GB and italian...I will ask for users help to provide other languages)
I just need to create a new set of images to localize also buttons!!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #278
silver18
THE NOOB

Ok, localization complete!

I removed the old reading menu and bookmarks menu and placed instead two new kindle-style menus.
This helped me reducing the amount of button images to be localized (now 14).
I changed the html range input with a new jquery ui to choose the scroll amount.

I also localized the launcher menu and added a new script to change the menu language according to the system language.
All scripts (rename/delete/move screenshots/decompress archives/check updates/sounds) use now localized on-screen instructions.

Finally, both Komic and its launcher menu have en_GB/it_IT languages and they use english as fallback language (i.e if they can't find a correct translation, they will use english).

New languages can be added, if someone wants to help, please let me know (it's an easy job, although there is quite a huge amount of strings to be translated )

And now some screenshot (in italian obviously )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-11-14T19_38_27-0100.gif
Views:	199
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	96136   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-11-14T19_38_33-0100.gif
Views:	209
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	96137   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-11-14T19_39_03-0100.gif
Views:	202
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	96138   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-11-14T19_39_14-0100.gif
Views:	192
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	96139  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #279
silver18
THE NOOB

Last update:
- first page and last page buttons in "jump to page" prompt
- new option in options menu to change the background color when reading (you can choose black, white, gray or enter your custom colore code/name)

Anyone interested in an auto-next feature?! Something like:
- choose the timer (seconds)
- komic will automatically go to next page after the choosen amount of seconds
(for landscape mode, auto-scroll and then auto-next with 2 different timers)
Old 11-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #280
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Is there any possible option you have missed?

It seems that you have everything possible in there already, except maybe to take on the trash on Monday mornings.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #281
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Last update:
- first page and last page buttons in "jump to page" prompt
- new option in options menu to change the background color when reading (you can choose black, white, gray or enter your custom colore code/name)

Anyone interested in an auto-next feature?! Something like:
- choose the timer (seconds)
- komic will automatically go to next page after the choosen amount of seconds
(for landscape mode, auto-scroll and then auto-next with 2 different timers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Is there any possible option you have missed?

It seems that you have everything possible in there already, except maybe to take on the trash on Monday mornings.
I second this.

Silver is my mod hero. A truly impressive one person project.

Bow to your application of intent.

Doff my cap. And I have only ever read one comic with the app. but it was a highly enjoyable experience
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #282
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
s/on/out/g
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #283
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
s/on/out/g
I can't seem to turn out my kindle. It just sits there out the table and does nothing...

#sedproblems
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:24 AM   #284
silver18
THE NOOB

Before Komic I never used javascript, html, shell scripting or jquery.
So, I keep adding things to Komic just because I really enjoy myself!! Every time I learn something new!
Moreover, I like working with WAFs and I'm a bit scared by porting Komic to Java, so I'm postponing this by adding new features!

Adding the ability to take the garbage out is a bit trivial..I would need to provide a dropdown menu to choose the day and the correct type of garbage (glass, aluminium, plastic...)
Old 11-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #285
silver18
THE NOOB

FYI, auto next is ready.
I'm going to test it this evening, reading without using my hands to turn the page...
I promise you: I ended adding things!!

Tags
launcher add-ons