Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Reinhold Niebuhr: Irony of American History for $3.23 at Amazon

I'm not sure if this is a temporary price reduction or not, but it seems like a pretty good deal, so I thought I'd post it.

Irony of American History, by Reinhold Niebuhr, is $3.23 at Amazon, compared to $9.86 at BN and $10.59 at Kobo.

Whether you agree with him or not, Niebuhr has been a pretty influential thinker, and seems (to me, at least) to have been experiencing a bit of a renewal of popularity recently. From Amazon's Niebuhr page:

Quote:
Karl Paul Reinhold Niebuhr (pronounced /ˈraɪnhoʊld ˈniːbʊər/; June 21, 1892 – June 1, 1971) was an American theologian and commentator on public affairs. Starting as a leftist minister in the 1920s indebted to theological liberalism, he shifted to the new Neo-Orthodox theology in the 1930s, explaining how the sin of pride created evil in the world. His realism deepened after 1945 and led him to support United States' efforts to confront Soviet communism around the world. A powerful speaker, he was one of the most influential religious leaders of the 1940s and 1950s in American public affairs. His long-term impact involves relating the Christian faith to "realism" in foreign affairs, rather than idealism, and his contribution to modern "just war" thinking. Niebuhr's perspective influenced many liberals, who came to support a "realist" foreign policy.
I've been following some affiliate links this morning (thanks, Arcadata and Koland!) so my link might not be pristine, so I'm not going to post a link. But, you can just search on it at Amazon, and it will pop up.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Thanks, sufue!

Here's a link (no tags) - http://www.amazon.com/Irony-American...dp/B0044783MM/
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert