Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
HugoLover
HugoLover began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Am I Crazy!

Hi Everyone!

I'm a newbie to this site. I have a Kobo wireless. Since I got my Kobo last year, I have only acquired books from Kobo and have to purchase them everytime.

I feel like I might be missing something. I'm beginning to feel like I spend WAY too much money on books from Kobo.

Are there libraries for ebooks where I can just borrow a book to read instead of having to pay the high purchase price everytime???

Thanks in advance...
HugoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
Aemma
Aemma began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoLover View Post
Hi Everyone!

I'm a newbie to this site. I have a Kobo wireless. Since I got my Kobo last year, I have only acquired books from Kobo and have to purchase them everytime.

I feel like I might be missing something. I'm beginning to feel like I spend WAY too much money on books from Kobo.

Are there libraries for ebooks where I can just borrow a book to read instead of having to pay the high purchase price everytime???

Thanks in advance...
Hello HugoLover!

Have you not been downloading any of the 100's of free ebooks, like all of the classics? Tons of great books for free to be had there!

As for borrowing an ebook, I know that our public library let's you download DMRs to read. You have access to it for the same length of time as you would a normal book withdrawal, 3 weeks. You should perhaps check with your municipal library.
Aemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 11:51 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi HugoLover and welcome to MobileRead. Check out our free books in the Patricia Clark Memorial Library. And also there is a list of lending libraries in our Wiki.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #4
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards, HugoLover
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert