Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 04:49 AM   #91
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Nice work, useful suggestions.

But could you include some of the original features of "echo"?
http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/88q3/2104.6.html
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #92
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Nice work, useful suggestions.

But could you include some of the original features of "echo"?
Possibly:
Quote:
-g generate pseudo-revolutionary marxist catch-phrases
May have some use

Wub Wub Wub Wub! hehehe

(A pseudo-revolutionary Groucho marxist)

Last edited by twobob; 08-26-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Groucho
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #93
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Is there a way to implement an Alt key?

I'm using finch in optware, but cannot do much because finch requires Alt keys for almost everything.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #94
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
echo -S
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #95
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Nice....
Advert
Old 09-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #96
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Alt what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Is there a way to implement an Alt key?

I'm using finch in optware, but cannot do much because finch requires Alt keys for almost everything.
Don't know much about finch, but the only Alt (code 56) detected in myts is for generating digits from the K3 numberless keyboard : myts keyboard. Also, making the problem more difficult, Alt pressure and release is only reported (by the Kindle Hardware) after the next keypress... so I think it is not possible to generate a stand alone Alt-Key and all Alt-Key combinations that you need would need to be preprogrammed.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #97
qlob
Official Lurker

Ugh...... Maybe I wont end up using finch...

Does anyone know of any other commandline IM clients?
Old 09-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #98
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Ugh...... Maybe I wont end up using finch...

Does anyone know of any other commandline IM clients?
I use mcabber.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #99
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

which is available as built for the 5 IIRC on bafs page. you want that for the 3 mate?
Old 09-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #100
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
which is available as built for the 5 IIRC on bafs page. you want that for the 3 mate?
It's probably in the optware repositories, I'll get back to you if it isnt
Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #101
capuozzo
capuozzo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2.5
Tried to install myts version 6 & 8 on my Kindle 2.5 with no success. Can someone suggest another term program?
capuozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #102
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by capuozzo View Post
Tried to install myts version 6 & 8 on my Kindle 2.5 with no success. Can someone suggest another term program?
kindleTERM, should work. look deeper in the KindleTERM thread and you will find a second version that works immensely better. I cannot remember if i used it when i had my k2i or not.... man, I sure do miss that / button...
Old 10-06-2012, 04:55 AM   #103
anonimo200
Enthusiast
anonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DXG
Good morning. In the past, whenever I pressed Home being in myts, kindle went to the main screen. I could return no myts with Shift+t+t or kill Shift+t+a Now (replaced kindle dxg) it doesn't work, the only way to exit myts is typing "exit" Why?
I've to say that the first command I run in myts was "waitforkey" and ended up rebooting the kindle becaus didn't know how to exit, don't know if it has to do with the actual behaviour...
Thank you

Edit: it seems Back key doesn't produce any symbol when pressed at the same time as another key... And waitforkey returns 98 for Home and 91 for Back instead of 102 158, how can I change it in myts? Should I restore to default to make my kindle work properly?

Last edited by anonimo200; 10-06-2012 at 05:58 AM.
anonimo200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:17 AM   #104
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpavlin View Post
Following changes introduced into keydefs.ini before [inkeys-dx] makes this very useful full-screen terminal working on DXG nicely, thanks Matan for your work!

DX - dpavlin
53 = /
90 = Aa
94 = Sym
98 = Home
109 = Left< ; so we can exit!
124 = Left>
91 = Back

;f105 = Left
;f106 = Right
f122 = Up
f123 = Down
f92 = Select

114 = Vol-
115 = Vol+

; DXG doesn't have Left< for exit!
[Settings]
TermEnd = Home

It's important to insert those changes as late as possible in keydefs.ini so they are evaluated last.
That's the way to fix that.

Last edited by twobob; 10-06-2012 at 06:19 AM. Reason: added quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #105
anonimo200
Enthusiast
anonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DXG
Thank you, I've just found the original post and was going to delete mine... Didn't remember I added this and now, when installing version 8 instead of 6, found that problems...
Thank you again, and really fast reply!!!
anonimo200 is offline   Reply With Quote