Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #241
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
The book is often mentioned whenever Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House is mentioned,
I've googled and no wonder.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:04 AM   #242
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Then it must be "Hell House" - Matheson? Which I don't recall ever reading.
I recently did read his "Somewhere in Time"

I have read (and enjoyed) Shirley Jackson
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #243
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Oops, sorry bout the chicken dinner part poohbear.

Take it away.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #244
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Oops, sorry bout the chicken dinner part poohbear.

Take it away.
Hmmmm.....chicken dinner eh?
I've put Hell House on my TBR list - your excerpts are intriguing.

BRB with a new quote.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #245
poohbear_nc
Now what?

OK - another fun one:

"Oh, yes. I've no doubt in my own mind that we have been invited here by a madman--probably a dangerous homicidal lunatic."
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #246
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Most Dangerous Game?
Old 08-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #247
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
The Most Dangerous Game?
Nope!

More:

"Prisoners at the bar, have you anything to say in your defence?"
Old 08-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #248
Daithi
Publishers are evil!

Ok, the first quote seems really familiar although I can't place it. The second quote was no help at all. I'm going to take one more shot in the dark and then I have to go get some work done.

The Island of Dr. Moreau?
Old 08-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #249
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
OK - another fun one:

"Oh, yes. I've no doubt in my own mind that we have been invited here by a madman--probably a dangerous homicidal lunatic."
Murder by Death? Oh, wait, that was a movie.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #250
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Still no correct guess?

[@BenG - I love that movie!]

"There is no question of defence. I have always acted in accordance with the dictates of my conscience. I have nothing with which to reproach myself."
Old 08-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #251
poohbear_nc
Now what?

In case the hurricane knocks me offline - the give-away quote is inside the spoiler tag.

Spoiler:
"There was a silence—a comfortable replete silence. Into that silence came The Voice. Without warning, inhuman, penetrating . . . “Ladies and gentlemen! Silence, please! . . . You are charged with the following indictments.”
Old 08-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #252
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I've guessed it but I don't have time to start a new round today.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #253
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Haven't looked at the spoiler, but I've got it from the prisoners at the bar line. Agatha Christie's And Then There were None, or whatever title you prefer.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #254
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Haven't looked at the spoiler, but I've got it from the prisoners at the bar line. Agatha Christie's And Then There were None, or whatever title you prefer.
You are correct Issy! Take it away!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #255
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Gowing began his usual sniffing, so, anticipating him, I said: “You’re not going to complain of the smell of paint again?” He said: “No, not this time; but I’ll tell you what, I distinctly smell dry rot.” I don’t often make jokes, but I replied: “You’re talking a lot of DRY ROT yourself.” I could not help roaring at this, and Carrie said her sides quite ached with laughter. I never was so immensely tickled by anything I have ever said before. I actually woke up twice during the night, and laughed till the bed shook.