Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-05-2017, 12:32 AM   #1
Manodragon
Manodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
Basic Lux or Touch Lux 3?

I have the opportunity to buy a new Ebook Reader and I can't decide between the two from the title. What do you think?
I had a Basic 2 for over 2 years until now and the main grievance for me would be the lack of screen front light. I think I could live without touchscreen...
The resolution is the same. And the price for me would be very close. Basic Lux has 8 Gb of memory compared to the 4 of the Touch Lux 3. But the Touch has touchscreen...
So?
Manodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:13 AM   #2
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
For € 158 (€ 38 more than the Touch Lux 3) on Amazon.es, you have the Touch HD, which the whole family has enchanted us with.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:15 AM   #3
Manodragon
Manodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and graceManodragon herds cats with both ease and grace

Hello! Unfortunately I plan to buy it from a retailer in Romania (eMag) and yes, the Touch HD would be my first choice if I had the money but it's way past my budget. Only today they are on sale and cost somewhere just over 100€ if I were to simply convert to euros.

//Ok so let me update this for posterity if not for anything else. I ordered the Touch Lux 3. Even though it does not have the latest update - 5.17 (as of 5 of December 2017), it has
one touchscreen more than the Basic Lux. The proverbial final nail in the coffin was the fact that the TL3 is actually tried-and-true with some extra reader apps that can be found actually on this forum. Hope it's gonna be a true upgrade from my Basic 2. Next time I'm gonna go for one with 300 DPI.

Last edited by Manodragon; 12-05-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:22 AM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Congrats on your choice, the TL3 is a solid device. The only flaw is the internal memory card, which sometimes (after extensive use) tends to break (Pocketbook will repair this if it happens). Just use a MicroSD for the books you read, the TL3 has the slot for it. In combination with coolreader this thing is better than most of its competitors.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:28 AM   #5
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manodragon View Post
Next time I'm gonna go for one with 300 DPI.
Me too I'll probably go for a 300DPI screen but not too soon. I'm not even reading that much lately. Also a warmer light would be great as I'm mostly reading at night. And maybe a bigger screen. Just maybe.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:45 AM   #6
Manodragon

@nhedgehog, thank you for the tip on the internal memory; I guess I have to read up on the comments about the device.
@brucelee, yeah, it will be some time until then. The price must go down for that. Right now the prices for the Touch HD is somewhere around 250 Euros which is insane
Old 12-06-2017, 11:55 AM   #7
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Yeah.. Touch HD 2 looks like a good option for now. But it'll be some time until we'll have it around.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:58 AM   #8
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Right now the prices for the Touch HD is somewhere around 250 Euros which is insane
Yes, that's insane. The official recommended prices are here https://www.pocketbook-readers.de/e-reader/
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:16 AM   #9
Manodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Yes, that's insane. The official recommended prices are here https://www.pocketbook-readers.de/e-reader/
Genau! That's why I've bought my new TL3; because it was slightly less that that recommended 111 Euros. The prices fluctuate: for example right now the same TL3 from the same seller is now 159 Euros.

I don't know if this is the right topic but I'm asking: Can I change the 3 shortcuts from the home screen? Right now they are: Library, Store and Browser. Can i put the Settings in place of the Store for example?
Old 12-19-2017, 12:53 AM   #10
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Can I change the 3 shortcuts from the home screen? Right now they are: Library, Store and Browser. Can i put the Settings in place of the Store for example?
I have thought of the same thing, but there is apparently no way to do it.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basic 2, basic lux, ebook reader, touch lux 3