Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
Big Kev
Enthusiast
Big Kev began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Ipad
Reader Emulator Help

In preparation for the arrival of my Kindle I have downloaded Mobipocket Creator and am now endeavouring to learn how to use it which seems pretty straight forward.

So I converted a test PDF to HTML then set up a new blank publication which I added the HTML file to. Then hit build which went smoothly and I ended up with a PRC file which I assume is my ebook ready for the Kindle.

Problem was when I got the option to view the file on the Mobipocket Reader Emulator (which I assume displays the ebook as it would appear on the Kindle) nothing happened and I can't find much by way of assistance in the help section.

Do I have to download something else or do something to activate the emulator?

As an aside, I had assumed that the output from Creator would be in .MOBI format instead of .PRC. Does it matter?

Thanks
Kevin
Big Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The emulator is very old and unsupported.

I suggest using Kindle for PC as your testbed. This isn't supposed to work on your own content, but if you right click on the file and explicitly open it with K4PC it should work. An alternative is Windows MobiPocket Reader.

The filename extensions .mobi and .prc are interchangeable for new ebooks.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert