Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
etienne66
Groupie
etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.etienne66 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-600 Black, PRS-650 Red, Adam w/ Pixel Qi(pre-ordered)
Post IREX receives 2009 3G CDMA award for the DR800SG

Quote:
-- Innovation in Consumer Entertainment Services Development: IREX
Technologies
- Given to the application developer or content provider that
has developed innovative and appealing entertainment
applications or services.
- The IREX Digital Reader DR800SG features an 8.1-inch stylus
touchscreen and high-speed access to an enormous selection
of digital books and other titles from Barnes & Noble's
ebook store via EV-DO broadband data connectivity. The
device has 2GB of memory to store up to 1,500 books, which
can be purchased over-the-air along with newspapers and
magazines from a wide variety of sources. In addition, IREX
supports multiple formats, including the industry standard
ePub display format and multiple digital rights management
(DRM) solutions, rather than a single, "closed" proprietary
format that locks content to a specific device.
This is from this press release: 2009 3G CDMA Industry Achievement Awards Presented by the CDMA Development Group

Now if they will just release the darn thing.

Etienne66

Last edited by etienne66; 11-14-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Updated title
etienne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Well that's good press for them. Now if they would just ship it!
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
jboardman
Zealot
jboardman is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, sony PRS900, Irex Iliad
They are saying "mid-December." That's ok... still time for Santa to stock up!
jboardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboardman View Post
They are saying "mid-December." That's ok... still time for Santa to stock up!
Have they made an official announcement of that date? Mid-November wasn't official either.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Mid-December 2010, of course!
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
jessTay
Connoisseur
jessTay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2! YAY
don't say that, you'll make me cry. I have to wait for a Canadian release AFTER the U.S. release, so already I think I'm just going to ask for a prepaid VISA card for christmas or something in lieu of the reader
jessTay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
jboardman
Zealot

"Official"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Have they made an official announcement of that date? Mid-November wasn't official either.
I don't know that I would call it "official", however, it did come from an IREX exec in a private email to me.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #8
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
Well that's good press for them. Now if they would just ship it!
With the Kindle going from Sprint's CDMA to AT&T's GSM, Irex is pretty much the only name on the ballot...
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:30 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The cynic in me says that, with world + dog now using GSM, the "CMDA Development Group" would give an award to anyone who went with their technology .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #10
jboardman
Zealot

Any new rumors about the DR800?
Old 11-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #11
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The cynic in me says that, with world + dog now using GSM, the "CMDA Development Group" would give an award to anyone who went with their technology .
True
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #12
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Any new rumors about the DR800?
No, but we can start some.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #13
jboardman
Zealot

New (and very unreliable) rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
No, but we can start some.
Sounds like fun to me. I'm still waiting... not too patiently. There are a lot of new and interesting devices out there soon. I still love the 8.1" Iliad screen, even though now I have to turn mine on and off with a straightened out paperclip and it skips four pages at a time once in a while. And nothing I have seen matches the IREX.

Maybe we should start a rumor that the first thousand to visit Best Buy and show an interest in the DR800SG get one free. How about THAT for a rumor!
Old 11-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #14
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Maybe we should start a rumor that the first thousand to visit Best Buy and show an interest in the DR800SG get one free. How about THAT for a rumor!
I actually heard it was the first 1500 and that it also came with a B&N coupon for free books for a year!
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #15
jessTay
Connoisseur
jessTay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2! YAY
any updates on us release? I'm thinking it won't be out in canada at least till spring... maybe later
jessTay is offline   Reply With Quote