Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Change Cover to Show in Sleep Mode

I know how to change a cover in Calibre but how do I get the cover to show on the T1 in sleep mode? I know how to change the setting to show cover of last book read, that's not what I mean.

I have a few books who's covers show as text but the actual book as an image cover. For example Discovery of Witches, or Daughters of Witching Hill or Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close. I've changed the cover in Calibre to show the image as the cover but when I put the T1 in sleep mode it shows the text cover not the image cover.

How do I get that to change to the image cover? Is there an easy way to do it?

Thanks!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:46 AM   #2
WST
WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'WST knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1
When you set (or change) the cover in Calibre, right-click on the title in Calibre's main listing and choose convert individually, on the screen that opens make sure you have selected EPUB as the output format (top right) and click OK.

You'll be converting an epub to an epub, but that's the only way I found to get the cover changes on my reader.

Calibre can retrieve book covers for you too. Same menu (when you right-click), choose edit metadata and then click download cover.
WST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 02:59 AM   #3
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Are you reconverted ePub to ePub when you changed the cover, right?

You can try to open ePub with Sigil and delete the text cover from ebook.
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #4
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
You can use the Modify ePub plugin to update just the cover (among a lot of other things) without converting from epub to epub.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
Ooh, very nice plugin!
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
You can use the Modify ePub plugin to update just the cover (among a lot of other things) without converting from epub to epub.

Cheers,
Simon.
Thank you Simon! I'm a bit late though I already did epub to epub but I like your solution better.

Dum question....can I delete the coverted epub, return to the Original epub fix the cover & modify it with the above plugin or will that really mess things up?
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post

Cheers,
Simon.
I have found that this doesn't always work and you do need to do an epub to epub conversion. The cover will appear fine using the calibre viewer but not on the reader. I have no idea why and would really like to know
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #8
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Dum question....can I delete the coverted epub, return to the Original epub fix the cover & modify it with the above plugin or will that really mess things up?
I'm not sure if Calibre kept a copy of the original epub, but if you've still got it lying around I guess there's nothing to stop you adding that as a new format to the current book in Calibre and then running the Modify ePub plugin to add the right cover.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #9
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Calibre (at least the newer versions) keep an old copy when you do a conversion, it changes the file extension of the old version to something like "original_epub". You can restore the original by right-clicking in the format field when editing the metadata.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, cover, image, sony t1