Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-11-2012, 05:52 AM   #16
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
(Sigil creates .epub files, however, KindlePreviewer will compile them.)

I trust it's okay to hijack the thread, since the problem was resolved?

I write my Kindle books in html, and when I am happy with the result as uploaded to the KDP, I then open the html in Sigil and create an epub for Barnes & Noble. Because of the way I work--which I honed by hit&miss before the "mandatory" NCX file came into our lives--my Kindle books are innocent of this feature.

Would I perhaps do better to invoke Sigil from the start?

My interest is almost entirely with the Kindle, since Amazon routinely outsells B&N nine or ten to one; this has been my experience for four years now. Creating an epub for the Nook is just a courtesy to my friends who happen to own that device.
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #17
44reader
Connoisseur
44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
@Oldpilot

Probably just ignore me; I'm about the least knowledgeable person on this site!

Anyway, here it is...

Can't you just convert your mobi file (rather than your html file) to ePub using calibre?
44reader is offline   Reply With Quote