Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #31
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi all,

I'm quite a fan of Martin's series, although in later books, the quality of his writing has faded. (If I had to read the phrase "fearsomely strong cider" one more time... <smile>)

The story is epic in every sense of the word, with some twists, brutal events and characters, but quite atmospheric.

There are sites that get right into the plot of the books, and exploring these made me shake my head at how much I missed on the first reading. These are worth visiting, and make for a good refresher.

The latest I have heard from the Wiki is that there will be a total of eight books, but I take this with a grain of salt.

I get the feeling that the biggest blockages are his travels, and I fear he might have got himself into a corner plot-wise. There are dozens of characters all ascendant at one time or another, and it is huge task to keep track of them all, and make everything tie in.

I'm quietly looking forward to further books in the series, and the HBO production.

Cheers,

Michael P
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #32
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
8 books? Since he has 4 more to go.... that means he should at the minimum be healthy/alive for 20 more years. I hope he ends it in 6.
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #33
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi LB, et al,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastblade View Post
8 books? Since he has 4 more to go.... that means he should at the minimum be healthy/alive for 20 more years. I hope he ends it in 6.
- I take it you mean the series ends at 6 books, and not his life in 6 years... <vbg>

I too, hope he finishes soon - the word is that the next is nearly ready for the publisher, and the left-overs mean the next is part-written already.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:24 AM   #34
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mick View Post
I too, hope he finishes soon - the word is that the next is nearly ready for the publisher, and the left-overs mean the next is part-written already.

Sadly, not exactly.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #35
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
Sounds like he is closed to finishing Dance, so we are looking at maybe middle of 2011. Wow, that's 6 years from Feast.
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #36
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I'm out

I'm out with GRRM. Its been forever with book 5. I can only assume that book 4 was so pathetic and disjointed that he decided to take extra time with book 5 and try to right the ship. But who knows?

If he doesn't turn it in to the publisher by August it will be another 6 months as he won't accomplish anything during football season.

I won't watch the series, or read another book until he's done with them all.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote