Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-06-2020, 08:14 PM   #1
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
PageEdit-1.1.0 Released

PageEdit-1.1.0

PageEdit-1.1.0 represents a mix of bug fixes and new features. Some of the highlights for this release include:

Dark mode suport for Windows Linux and macOSX. Mac is the only one of the three platforms where Qt inherently supports the system-level dark mode.

A brand-new higher-contrast icon set for PageEdit has been contributed by BeckyEbook. Thanks for all your contributions to this version @BeckyDTP !

Platform-specific Dark Mode details:

On Windows, darkmode is most commonly controlled by the darkmode settings in the latest version of Windows 10's settings. It won't work "on the fly" like many apps from the Windows Appstore, so you'll have to restart PageEdit if you change your system settings to see the settings take effect. To override the system setting (or to enable dark mode on versions of Windows that don't officially have a dark mode), use the PAGEEDIT_USES_DARK_MODE environnment variable (0 = off, anything else = on).

On Linux, PageEdit has made changes to try and honor all platform themes that users define for their Qt apps on their desktop of choice. So theme managers like qt5ct or kvantum should work well with changing PageEdit's look. There might be a bit of color/qss tweaking to do, but all-in-all, I've seen good results with a myriad of themes (dark and light). If you'd like to opt-in to PageEdit's own included dark palette, set the FORCE_PAGEEDIT_DARKMODE_PALETTE environment variable before launching PageEdit. That will cause PageEdit to ignore platform themes/overrides and to use the same dark palette that Windows uses. Note that PageEdit will also honor Sigil's environment variable for this purpose: FORCE_SIGIL_DARKMODE_PALETTE

On macOSX, Dark mode should just work. Qt has added a lot of inherent support for Mac's dark mode and PageEdit has incorporated that support. Even on-the-fly time-of-day changes should work with Sigil.

New Features
  • added support for a Dark Mode for Windows, Linux and macOS
  • added new icons courtesy of BeckyEbook that work under both light and dark modes
  • added Zoom-In, Zoom-Out, reset support to Inspector using key shortcuts (META +, META -, META 0)
  • added support for controlling Windows/Linux HighDPI settings
  • added support for setting the user interface font

Bug Fixes
  • fix bug for linking to top of page in SelectHyperlink
  • fix bug in zoom slider that did not reflect initial zoom setting on startup
  • fix bug in missing icon sizes (Thanks BeckyEbook)

The latest official PageEdit user guide can always be downloaded from its own repository. There's also a user-created guide that can be found here.

The binary downloads (and source) can be found as assets at the bottom of the PageEdit Github Release page.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:09 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Normally, I use dual monitors with Preview on the second screen. However I'm travelling and only have my laptop so I was popping PageEdit open to view changes I'm making. Each time, when I close PageEdit, it is asking me if I want to save changes. A bit odd since I am not making changes using PageEdit. Is this due to wanting to save changes I've made in Sigil before opening PageEdit? Or is this a glitch with PageEdit? I tried opening an epub and then immediately opening PageEdit and got the do you want to save changes before I had made any changes that I was aware of.

Last edited by DNSB; 02-09-2020 at 10:14 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2020, 08:13 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
My guess is the dark mode code being injected is being seen as a change to the original file even though it is stripped out before the actual save is done. I will look into that tomorrow. Try using Preferences in PageEdit to disable simulating dark mode and see if that helps.

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:45 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just tested it on my machine. PageEdit detects changes by comparing the file upon load with the file at close or at a transition point. From my testing it detects the code we need to inject to simulate dark mode as a "change" even though it is stripped out before the save is done.

I will look into fixing it for the next release. To workaround it simply skip the save if no change happened, or use light mode, or in dark mode uncheck the preference to simulate dark mode in PageEdit.
Old 02-08-2020, 08:56 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Thanks for the quick response. I'll just continue with skipping the save until the next version.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2020, 10:12 PM   #6
KevinH
Sigil Developer

BTW, toggling my Preference to turn off dark mode simulation in PageEdit and then loading a document and switching it back, somehow stopped this behaviour on my machine.

Worth a try at least.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:29 PM   #7
KevinH
Sigil Developer

@DNSB
We found a Linux related bug in PageEdit-1.1.0 and so had to release a quick fix for it, and found and fixed two other very minor bugs as well that impact all platforms. So please give PageEdit-1.1.1 a try (from the usual places) and let me know if that fixes your issue. I have been unable to recreate it again to track it down and so I am stumped and I am hoping this will fix the problem.