Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
I've looked at that thread, but what I don't see: where do you enter that css information? In which of the options? The conversion options?
You create a text file called kepub-book.css, enter the css you want in it and then copy it to the kepub directory inside the .kobo directory on your Kobo ereader. It is automagically loaded as an additional stylesheet when you open a .kepub ebook.
Code:
@page {
  margin: 5pt !important;
}

body {
/* default settings */
   margin: 0 !important;
   padding: 0 !important;
   padding-bottom: 0.2em !important;
   font-size: 150% !important;
   line-height: 1.1 !important;
   widows:  0 !important;
   orphans:  0 !important;
   -webkit-hyphens: auto !important;
   }
I've pasted the contents of my current file above. Basically, just ensures hyphenation is enabled, sets the font size, sets widows and orphans to 0, etc.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #17
neil74
Connoisseur
neil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo aura
I think this is the exact issue I am having on my new aura (non-hd) Although I do not think wifi is connected at all in my case

I had some books that I converted from mobi (I moved from a kindle) and it seems they were converted to kepubs for some reason. I just removed all books from the device reconverted in calibre using the default output profile (rather than kobo) and sent them back to the device.

So far so good.....
neil74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The ONLY way a book is EVER converted to Kobo ePub format is if YOU the user has installed in calibre either the KoboTouchExtended driver OR the kEpub Output plugin.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #19
neil74
Connoisseur
neil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to beholdneil74 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, think I maybe had the plugins configured wrong.

Seems ok on standard epubs **

** so far
Old 10-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #20
neil74
Connoisseur

This is definitely something to do with calibre.

I converted all the files back to default epubs and the problem went away, however I was unable to manage my shelves properly and when I eventually got them working and synced the metadata back to the device all me epubs became kepubs and the problem is back second load of book and it freezes.

The only solution I can think of is to manage collections only on my reader and not in calibre.
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@neil74: I suspect you still have a configuration problem, but I can't tell from here. I need a debug log to see. If you follow the instructions in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...00#post2642100 to make one, I can have a look at it.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #22
neil74
Connoisseur

Thanks

I just did that and no problems! Sods law.

I think the issue may be with the shelves/collections management as I set up a new calibre library last night without all of that setup. So far the kepubs sent have not caused an issue. If this pans out then I guess I’ll forgo the collections management side.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #23
Cosmic
Cosmic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello guys (and girls),

I am brand new to these forums as I am a very recent owner of my first e-reader, a Kobo Aura HD.

I am experiencing the same problem as the TS. Navigating from an ebook to the home screen and then back again to the ebook, causes a freeze and a message of the bottom of the screen saying something like "page x is loading ...".

I am also using the KoboTouchExtended-plugin.

I have made a debug log as proposed above. I would like some help as I do want to keep on using the Kepub-format (love those statistics!) and my own shelves.

Spoiler:
calibre Debug log
calibre 1.3 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Starting up...
DEBUG: 0.0 No Kobo Touch, Glo or Mini appears to be connected
DEBUG: 0.0 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=False
Started up in 4.69 seconds with 225 books
Job: 1 Get device information started
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device started
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None', prefix='J:\'
DEBUG: 0.0 Kobo device: Kobo Aura HD
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of driver: (2, 2, 9) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of firmware: (2, 8, 1) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - opts.extra_customization= [u'#myshelves, categorie', True, True, True, False, False, False, False, False, True, False, True, u'', True, False, False, False, False, False, False, u'']
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - prefs['manage_device_metadata']= on_connect
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - set_debugging_title to ''
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - length bl=0
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 0.6 KoboTouch:books - length bl after sync=97
DEBUG: 0.7 KoboTouch:books - reading device database
DEBUG: 0.7 Database Version=88
DEBUG: 0.7 KoboTouch:books - shelf list: [u'Nonfictie - Reisverhalen', u'Nonfictie - (Auto)biografie\xebn en Memoires', u'Fictie - Romans', u'Nonfictie - Geschiedenis', u'Fictie - Thrillers', u'Fictie - Essays / Kortverhalen / Columns / Interviews', u'Nonfictie - Kunst / Cultuur / Religie', u'Nonfictie - Wetenschap', u'Nonfictie - Sport', u'Nonfictie - Maatschappij']
DEBUG: 0.7 KoboTouch:books - query= SELECT Title, Attribution, DateCreated, ContentID, MimeType, ContentType, ImageID, ReadStatus, ___ExpirationStatus, FavouritesIndex, Accessibility, IsDownloaded, Series, SeriesNumber, ___UserID, ExternalId FROM content where BookID is Null and ((Accessibility = -1 and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1 )) or (Accessibility in (1,2) and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1)) ) and not ((___ExpirationStatus=3 or ___ExpirationStatus is Null) and ContentType = 6) AND (externalId IS NULL OR externalId = '') AND contentId NOT LIKE 'file:///mnt/sd/%'
DEBUG: 0.8 KoboTouch:books - looping on database - row=9
DEBUG: 0.8 KoboTouch:books - title='' authors= Kobo Inc.
DEBUG: 0.8 KoboTouch:books - row= (u'', u'Kobo Inc.', None, u'file:///usr/local/Kobo/help/10UserGuide-Legal.kepub.epub', u'application/x-kobo-epub+zip', u'6', None, 0, 0, -1, 1, 1, None, None, u'', None)
DEBUG: 1.0 KoboTouch:books - looping on database - row=10
DEBUG: 1.0 KoboTouch:books - title='' authors= Kobo Inc.
DEBUG: 1.0 KoboTouch:books - row= (u'', u'Kobo Inc.', None, u'file:///usr/local/Kobo/help/09UserGuide-Contacting_FNAC.kepub.epub', u'application/x-kobo-epub+zip', u'6', None, 0, 0, -1, 1, 1, None, None, u'', None)
DEBUG: 2.4 KoboTouch:books - automatically managing metadata
DEBUG: 2.4 KoboTouch:books - about to sync_booklists
DEBUG: 2.4 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 2.6 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 2.6 KoboTouch:books - have done sync_booklists
DEBUG: 2.6 KoboTouch:books - end - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 2.6 KoboTouch:books - oncard='carda'
DEBUG: 2.6 KoboTouch:books - Asked to process 'carda', but do not have one!
DEBUG: 2.6 KoboTouch:books - oncard='cardb'
DEBUG: 2.6 KoboTouch:books - Asked to process 'cardb', but do not have one!
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device callback returned
Job: 3 Send metadata to device started
DEBUG: 2.7 KoboTouchExtended:sync_booklists:Setting ImageId fields
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 5.0 KoboTouchExtended:sync_booklists:Got 11 rows to update
DEBUG: 5.0 KoboTouchExtended:sync_booklists:done setting ImageId fields
DEBUG: 5.0 KOBO: started sync_booklists
DEBUG: 5.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - oncard='main'
DEBUG: 5.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - set_debugging_title to ''
DEBUG: 5.1 KTCollectionsBookList:get_collections - start - collection_attributes= [u'#myshelves', u'categorie']
DEBUG: 5.1 KTCollectionsBookList:get_collections - collection_attributes= [u'#myshelves', u'categorie']
DEBUG: 5.1 KTCollectionsBookList:get_collections - end
DEBUG: 5.6 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Nonfictie - Wetenschap' books=1
DEBUG: 5.6 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Nonfictie - Wetenschap'
DEBUG: 5.6 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Nonfictie - Reisverhalen' books=3
DEBUG: 5.6 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Nonfictie - Reisverhalen'
DEBUG: 5.6 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Fictie - Thrillers' books=29
DEBUG: 5.7 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Fictie - Thrillers'
DEBUG: 5.7 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Fictie - Romans' books=51
DEBUG: 5.8 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Fictie - Romans'
DEBUG: 5.8 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Nonfictie - Maatschappij' books=4
DEBUG: 5.8 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Nonfictie - Maatschappij'
DEBUG: 5.8 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Nonfictie - Geschiedenis' books=1
DEBUG: 5.8 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Nonfictie - Geschiedenis'
DEBUG: 5.8 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Nonfictie - Sport' books=1
DEBUG: 5.8 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Nonfictie - Sport'
DEBUG: 5.8 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Nonfictie - (Auto)biografieŽn en Memoires' books=2
DEBUG: 5.8 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Nonfictie - (Auto)biografieŽn en Memoires'
DEBUG: 5.8 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Fictie - Essays / Kortverhalen / Columns / Interviews' books=3
DEBUG: 5.8 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Fictie - Essays / Kortverhalen / Columns / Interviews'
DEBUG: 5.8 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Nonfictie - Kunst / Cultuur / Religie' books=2
DEBUG: 5.8 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Nonfictie - Kunst / Cultuur / Religie'
DEBUG: 5.8 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - managing bookshelves and series.
DEBUG: 6.0 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - about to clear empty bookshelves
DEBUG: 6.0 KoboTouch:delete_empty_bookshelves - start
DEBUG: 6.0 KoboTouch:delete_empty_bookshelves - end
DEBUG: 6.0 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - Number of series set=0 Number of books=97
DEBUG: 6.0 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - Finished
DEBUG: 6.0 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 6.2 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 6.2 KOBO: finished sync_booklists
DeviceJob: 3 Send metadata to device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 3 Send metadata to device callback returned
Job: 3 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
Job: 4 Upload 1 books to device:Aan Chesil Beach started
Device using plugboard epub KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED [[u'{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}', u'title']]
Setting metadata in: Aan Chesil Beach at: E:\Users\Nico\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_giyzdi\_w cvjqcaltmpfmt.epub
DEBUG: 36.2 KoboTouch:upload_books - 1 books
DEBUG: 36.2 KoboTouch:upload_books - files= [u'E:\\Users\\Nico\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_g iyzdi\\_wcvjqcaltmpfmt.epub']
DEBUG: 36.2 KoboTouch:upload_books: Processing book: Aan Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
DEBUG: 36.2 KoboTouch:upload_books: file=E:\Users\Nico\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_giyz di\_wcvjqcaltmpfmt.epub, name=Aan Chesil Beach - Ian McEwan_391.epub
DEBUG: 36.2 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Adding basic Kobo features to Aan Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
DEBUG: 36.2 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Failed conversions will raise exceptions
DEBUG: 36.3 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Calibre details file :: J:\driveinfo.calibre
DEBUG: 36.3 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epubriver data file :: E:\Users\Nico\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_giyzdi\8q 4elk_KoboTouchExtendedDriverInfo
Copying file 'E:\Users\Nico\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_giyzdi\8 q4elk_KoboTouchExtendedDriverInfo' to 'E:\Users\Nico\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_giyzdi\u i5swd_epub_container' as 'driverinfo.kte'
{'smarten_punctuation': False, 'extended_kepub_features': True, 'replace_lang': False, 'hyphenate': False, 'clean_markup': False}
KoboTouchExtended:common:modify_epub:Looking for cover image in OPF manifest
Forcing cleanup for file ch001.xhtml
Forcing cleanup for file ch002.xhtml
Forcing cleanup for file ch003.xhtml
Forcing cleanup for file ch004.xhtml
Forcing cleanup for file ch005.xhtml
Forcing cleanup for file ch006.xhtml
Forcing cleanup for file ch007.xhtml
Forcing cleanup for file ch008.xhtml
Forcing cleanup for file ch009.xhtml
Forcing cleanup for file ch010.xhtml
Forcing cleanup for file ch011.xhtml
Forcing cleanup for file cover.xhtml
KoboTouchExtended:common:modify_epub:Adding extended Kobo features to Aan Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
Adding Kobo spans to ch001.xhtml
Adding Kobo spans to ch002.xhtml
Adding Kobo spans to ch003.xhtml
Adding Kobo spans to ch004.xhtml
Adding Kobo spans to ch005.xhtml
Adding Kobo spans to ch006.xhtml
Adding Kobo spans to ch007.xhtml
Adding Kobo spans to ch008.xhtml
Adding Kobo spans to ch009.xhtml
Adding Kobo spans to ch010.xhtml
Adding Kobo spans to ch011.xhtml
Adding Kobo spans to cover.xhtml
DEBUG: 36.6 KoboTouch:_modify_epub:Processing McEwan, Ian - Aan Chesil Beach
DEBUG: 36.6 USBMS: uploading 1 books
DEBUG: 36.6 KoboTouchExtended:filename_callback:Path - Aan Chesil Beach - Ian McEwan.epub
DEBUG: 36.6 KoboTouchExtended:filename_callback:New path - Aan Chesil Beach - Ian McEwan.kepub.epub
DEBUG: 36.7 KoboTouch:upload_cover - path='J:\McEwan, Ian' filename='Aan Chesil Beach - Ian McEwan.kepub'
DEBUG: 36.7 filepath='J:\McEwan, Ian\Aan Chesil Beach - Ian McEwan.kepub.epub'
DEBUG: 36.7 KoboTouch:_upload_cover - filename='Aan Chesil Beach - Ian McEwan.kepub' uploadgrayscale='False'
DEBUG: 36.7 KoboTouch:get_content_type_from_extension - start
DEBUG: 36.7 KoboTouch:get_content_type_from_extension - V2 firmware
DEBUG: 36.7 KoboTouch:_upload_cover - No rows exist in the database - generated ImageID='file____mnt_onboard_McEwan,_Ian_Aan_Chesi l_Beach_-_Ian_McEwan_kepub_epub'
DEBUG: 37.2 USBMS: finished uploading 1 books
DeviceJob: 4 Upload 1 books to device:Aan Chesil Beach done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 4 Upload 1 books to device:Aan Chesil Beach callback returned
Job: 5 Send metadata to device started
DEBUG: 37.3 KoboTouchExtended:sync_booklists:Setting ImageId fields
DEBUG: 37.3 KoboTouchExtended:sync_booklists:Got 11 rows to update
DEBUG: 37.3 KoboTouchExtended:sync_booklists:done setting ImageId fields
DEBUG: 37.3 KOBO: started sync_booklists
DEBUG: 37.3 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - oncard='main'
DEBUG: 37.3 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - set_debugging_title to ''
DEBUG: 37.3 KTCollectionsBookList:get_collections - start - collection_attributes= [u'#myshelves', u'categorie']
DEBUG: 37.3 KTCollectionsBookList:get_collections - collection_attributes= [u'#myshelves', u'categorie']
DEBUG: 37.4 KTCollectionsBookList:get_collections - end
Job: 4 Upload 1 books to device:Aan Chesil Beach finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Nonfictie - Wetenschap' books=1
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Nonfictie - Wetenschap'
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Nonfictie - Reisverhalen' books=3
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Nonfictie - Reisverhalen'
DEBUG: 37.9 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Fictie - Thrillers' books=29
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Fictie - Thrillers'
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Fictie - Romans' books=52
DEBUG: 38.0 Do not know ContentID - Title="Aan Chesil Beach"
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouch:get_content_type_from_extension - start
DEBUG: 38.0 KoboTouch:get_content_type_from_extension - V2 firmware
DEBUG: 38.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Fictie - Romans'
DEBUG: 38.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Nonfictie - Maatschappij' books=4
DEBUG: 38.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Nonfictie - Maatschappij'
DEBUG: 38.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Nonfictie - Geschiedenis' books=1
DEBUG: 38.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Nonfictie - Geschiedenis'
DEBUG: 38.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Nonfictie - Sport' books=1
DEBUG: 38.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Nonfictie - Sport'
DEBUG: 38.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Nonfictie - (Auto)biografieŽn en Memoires' books=2
DEBUG: 38.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Nonfictie - (Auto)biografieŽn en Memoires'
DEBUG: 38.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Fictie - Essays / Kortverhalen / Columns / Interviews' books=3
DEBUG: 38.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Fictie - Essays / Kortverhalen / Columns / Interviews'
DEBUG: 38.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - category='Nonfictie - Kunst / Cultuur / Religie' books=2
DEBUG: 38.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - end for category='Nonfictie - Kunst / Cultuur / Religie'
DEBUG: 38.1 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - managing bookshelves and series.
DEBUG: 38.3 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - about to clear empty bookshelves
DEBUG: 38.3 KoboTouch:delete_empty_bookshelves - start
DEBUG: 38.4 KoboTouch:delete_empty_bookshelves - end
DEBUG: 38.4 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - Number of series set=0 Number of books=98
DEBUG: 38.4 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - Finished
DEBUG: 38.4 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 38.5 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 38.5 KOBO: finished sync_booklists
DeviceJob: 5 Send metadata to device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 5 Send metadata to device callback returned
Job: 5 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
Cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #24
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Hello guys (and girls),

I am brand new to these forums as I am a very recent owner of my first e-reader, a Kobo Aura HD.

I am experiencing the same problem as the TS. Navigating from an ebook to the home screen and then back again to the ebook, causes a freeze and a message of the bottom of the screen saying something like "page x is loading ...".
I think I just saw the same thing on an Aura HD. I started a new book. Advanced a few pages and got the message (although I thought it said something about "processing chapter ..."), and than it didn't seem to respond to any touches. I did a pin hole reset, went to the book, and same problem; except iit seemed like I could get to the menu and navigate (still a blank screen, with the words at the bottom, but if I touched at the bottom right, I got a book menu choice, and if I tapped in the upper left corner, I went to the home screen.

I deleted the book and readed it, and it appears fine now.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post

I am also using the KoboTouchExtended-plugin.

I have made a debug log as proposed above. I would like some help as I do want to keep on using the Kepub-format (love those statistics!) and my own shelves.
Nothing in the debug log suggests any problem. The request to neil74 was because calibre appeared to be sending kepubs to the device even though the extended driver had been removed or disabled. That shouldn't happen, so I needed to see why it was.

The problem you describe sounds like the same as the OP. And as I replied it sounds like a known bug in 2.8.1 with kepubs that use embedded fonts. But, the times I have seen this, I was able to get the text displayed by bring up the menu and then dismissing it. It probably means there is something in the book that makes it not respond.

A difference I can think of is adding "FullBookPageNumbers=true" to the config file. Maybe this is causing a hang when calculating the page numbers.

If what you are seeing is related to the embedded font bug, then there is something you can try. My Kobo Utilities plugin has a way to change the font to be used for a book. Use this to set the font to something other than "Document default". If that doesn't allow the books to be opened, then it is a different problem than what I thought.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:50 AM   #26
Cosmic
Cosmic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
A difference I can think of is adding "FullBookPageNumbers=true" to the config file. Maybe this is causing a hang when calculating the page numbers.
I don't use this tweak so that can't be the cause.

Quote:
If what you are seeing is related to the embedded font bug, then there is something you can try. My Kobo Utilities plugin has a way to change the font to be used for a book. Use this to set the font to something other than "Document default". If that doesn't allow the books to be opened, then it is a different problem than what I thought.
I'll try this tonight and report back here.
Cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:41 AM   #27
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:

The problem you describe sounds like the same as the OP. And as I replied it sounds like a known bug in 2.8.1 with kepubs that use embedded fonts. But, the times I have seen this, I was able to get the text displayed by bring up the menu and then dismissing it. It probably means there is something in the book that makes it not respond. ...
The book I had problems was run through Calibre, and no embedded font was specified, so I don't think a font was embedded?

Quote:
...A difference I can think of is adding "FullBookPageNumbers=true" to the config file. Maybe this is causing a hang when calculating the page numbers. ...
The Aura HD I had the problem on was using chapter page numbers.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #28
neil74
Connoisseur

I have mine working now via ADE and just normal epubs so I am loathe to mess around any further!

I have for now given up on kepubs.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #29
lgxkls
lgxkls can extract oil from cheeselgxkls can extract oil from cheeselgxkls can extract oil from cheeselgxkls can extract oil from cheeselgxkls can extract oil from cheeselgxkls can extract oil from cheeselgxkls can extract oil from cheeselgxkls can extract oil from cheeselgxkls can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Glo
I had the same problem the other day with my Kobo Glo. I sent two books to the Glo and they both caused the Kobo to freeze. One wouldn't load and said Loading page....
I restarted but no luck.
The other let me read the first chapter and then the same thing.
The only solution (by my husband) was to delete the books and reload.
They worked fine after that.
I also have version 8 and the Kobo extended plug-in, but I'm not sure what version that is, although I did update it the other day
lgxkls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #30
neil74
Connoisseur

My issue was that without fail ANY book I tried opened the first time and froze the 2nd. Regular as clockwork.

Tags
aura hd, crash, hangs, kepub