Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-30-2018, 06:07 PM   #361
bigpapaw
bigpapaw began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello,

I have trouble scraping metadata with bol_NL. I get no results from Bol_NL. Each time there is the nothing found error. Even for books i know there is an entrance in bol.

As example: The book "Obsessie" from Tatiana de Rosnay.
In calibre i get error message:
calibre, version 3.16.0
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click "Show details".

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'identifiers': {u'google': u'o5m6DgAAQBAJ', u'isbn': u'9789026339301'}, u'authors': [u'Tatiana de Rosnay'], u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Obsessie'}
Using plugins: BOL_NL (3, 8, 17)
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** BOL_NL (3, 8, 17) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 0.996000051498
Querying: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/obsessie/9200000077515228/
BOL_NL url: 'https://www.bol.com/nl/p/obsessie/9200000077515228/'
Error parsing title for url: 'https://www.bol.com/nl/p/obsessie/9200000077515228/'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.worker", line 125, in parse_details
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.worker", line 243, in parse_title
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'

Could not find title for 'https://www.bol.com/nl/p/obsessie/9200000077515228/'
Could not find title/authors/bol_nl_id for 'https://www.bol.com/nl/p/obsessie/9200000077515228/'
bol_nl_id: 'nl/p/obsessie/9200000077515228' Title: None Authors: ['Tatiana de Rosnay']

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 1.00 seconds
The longest time (0.996000) was taken by: BOL_NL
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds

I only use now the bol plugin.

In google crome i do get results using the line 'https://www.bol.com/nl/p/obsessie/9200000077515228/'

Why do i get no results in calibre from bol plugin?
please help I need the dutch source
bigpapaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:17 AM   #362
willempie
willempie began at the beginning.

Question error message

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'9022581446'}, u'authors': [u'Katie Fforde'], u'title': u'Een tuin vol bloemen', u'timeout': 30}
Using plugins: BOL_NL (3, 8, 17)
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** BOL_NL (3, 8, 17) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 1.68099999428
Querying: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/een-tuin-vo...0000079290702/
BOL_NL url: 'https://www.bol.com/nl/p/een-tuin-vol-bloemen/9200000079290702/'
Error parsing title for url: 'https://www.bol.com/nl/p/een-tuin-vol-bloemen/9200000079290702/'
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.worker", line 125, in parse_details
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.worker", line 243, in parse_title
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'

Could not find title for 'https://www.bol.com/nl/p/een-tuin-vol-bloemen/9200000079290702/'
Could not find title/authors/bol_nl_id for 'https://www.bol.com/nl/p/een-tuin-vol-bloemen/9200000079290702/'
bol_nl_id: 'nl/p/een-tuin-vol-bloemen/9200000079290702' Title: None Authors: ['Katie Fforde']

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 1.81 seconds
The longest time (1.681000) was taken by: BOL_NL
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
willempie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2018, 03:53 PM   #363
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
New update available at the start of this thread. v 3.8.18

Made some changes due to website changes of Bol.nl
and also a fix for downloading covers from literatuurplein

Enjoy!
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:21 AM   #364
Wipneus
Connoisseur
Wipneus began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad Pro
Now i get in the comments this:

Op het chique premièrefeest van seizoen 2 van L.A. Candy krioelt het van de fans, en de paparazzi staan te dringen langs de rode loper. De realityshow is een hit en Jane Roberts dé grote ster. Maar onder de oppervlakte smeult er van alles tussen de vier meisjes van de show. Jane weigert scènes te doen met Madison, nadat die compromitterende foto's van haar aan Gossip heeft doorgespeeld. Madison zelf wil koste van het kost achter de identiteit van haar afperser komen, die dreigt te onthullen dat zij niet altijd een rijke, platinablonde Californische babe was... Gaby gedraagt zich opeens totaal anders sinds ze een nieuwe persagent heeft. En Scarlett ten slotte moet zien te laveren tussen haar vriendje en de show, want die twee samen gaan echt niet. En dan is seizoen 2 nog maar net begonnen...
(source: Bol.com 1)

Why starts the comment with spaces and why stands there everytime source: Bol.com 1

Can you change that? And now i get no covers from Bol.com.

(Dutch)
Bedankt voor de aanpassing. Wat nu opvalt is dat bij commentaar vakje dat de samenvatting begint met enkele spaties en onderaan staat nu source: Bol.com 1
Waarvoor staat die 1? Krijg nu ook geen covers van Bol.

ps. Zodra ik dit nu plaats zie je niet dat het begint met enkele spaties terwijl ik het wel zie bij aanpassing van het probleem

Gr. Wipneus

Last edited by Wipneus; 02-01-2018 at 08:23 AM.
Wipneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:24 PM   #365
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipneus View Post

Why starts the comment with spaces and why stands there everytime source: Bol.com 1

Can you change that? And now i get no covers from Bol.com.
Thanks for the comments, I made another update for these issues.
Version 3.8.19 available.
Problems with covers were related to the maintenance-mode of the site literatuurplein and a not complete error-handling.

I think the update will work.
So enjoy.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 02-03-2018 at 04:34 AM.
Advert
Old 02-02-2018, 08:20 PM   #366
bigpapaw
bigpapaw began at the beginning.

Thanks Pr BarnArt for your quick reaction solving my problem, but i found new/another annoying problem.
When you scrape the found information of a book from bol.com_NL to the database it appends the new information instead of delete/replace the existing text.

Hope you can look at it, thanks again
bigpapaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:34 AM   #367
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapaw View Post
Thanks Pr BarnArt for your quick reaction solving my problem, but i found new/another annoying problem.
When you scrape the found information of a book from bol.com_NL to the database it appends the new information instead of delete/replace the existing text.

Hope you can look at it, thanks again
Hi,

The plugin just delivers the information, where calibre process it
I think you have set the option "append to existing comments" in the configwindow of metadata download. I presume an uncheck will do.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:19 PM   #368
dooiemus
dooiemus began at the beginning.

Device: kobo one
Hi Pr.,
Different from previous versions the "review" (recenties) data doesn't seem to come through anymore. I have tried several settings: disabling all metadata download plugins except bol-nl and then disable and enable "retrieval of review" option. Haven't seen any review data in all tests. Is this because BOL.NL has changed or is it something in the plugin?
dooiemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:06 AM   #369
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooiemus View Post
Different from previous versions the "review" (recenties) data doesn't seem to come through anymore.
I noticed that with many books there is no review-part anymore at the site.
(p.e. "ik herinner me tinus broederland", which had a review part before).
Can you give an example where the site has a review part in the description.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:34 PM   #370
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

The dead sparrow seems to be dead
Old 02-09-2018, 07:40 PM   #371
dooiemus
dooiemus began at the beginning.

Device: kobo one
Not dead yet just slooowwww...anyway

Title : De Ondergang
Author(s) : Joachim Fest
Publisher : De Bezige Bij
Languages : dut
Rating : 2.5
Published : 2011-07-02T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers : isbn:9789023466864

came with a review on jan 29th by Dr JLG v Oudheusden, today just the comment section and no review.
dooiemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:20 PM   #372
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooiemus View Post
Not dead yet just slooowwww...anyway

came with a review on jan 29th by Dr JLG v Oudheusden, today just the comment section and no review.
happy your are still alive

so when reviews are not there , you cannot grab them
maybe ask Bol to put them back in place
Old 02-12-2018, 02:21 PM   #373
thekn
thekn began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Exclamation

Hi Pr.BarnArt,

I came across this forum while searching for a solution to an issue when using the BOL_NL plugin. After I start downloading the metadata and covers it results in an error after 2-3 minutes (depending on my query). After checking the log I found the following error messages for each of the books in the search query:

BOL_NL - Version 3.8.19

Code:
****************************** BOL_NL (3, 8, 19) ****************************** 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from BOL_NL took 0.672827005386 
Plugin BOL_NL failed
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/sources/identify.py", line 48, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 267, in identify
  File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 174, in create_query
  File "lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
  File "lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 435, in open
  File "lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 548, in http_response
  File "lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 467, in error
  File "lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain
  File "lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 654, in http_error_302
  File "lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 473, in error
  File "lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 556, in http_error_default
HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Code:
****************************** BOL_NL Covers ****************************** 
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', u'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.87 Safari/537.36')] 
Failed to download valid cover 
Took 0.748715877533 seconds 
No cached cover found, running identify
Failed to download cover from BOL_NL
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/sources/covers.py", line 49, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 488, in download_cover
  File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 267, in identify
  File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 174, in create_query
  File "lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
  File "lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 467, in error
  File "lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 654, in http_error_302
  File "lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 473, in error
  File "lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 556, in http_error_default
HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Code:
****************************** BOL_NL Covers ****************************** 
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', u'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/55.0.2883.87 Safari/537.36')] 
Downloaded cover: 512x840 
Took 0.531849861145 seconds 
Downloading cover from: //s.s-bol.com/imgbase0/imagebase3/large/FC/6/3/7/2/9200000028282736.jpg
Failed to download cover from: //s.s-bol.com/imgbase0/imagebase3/large/FC/6/3/7/2/9200000028282736.jpg
  File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.__init__", line 513, in download_cover
  File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 239, in open_novisit
  File "site-packages/mechanize/_mechanize.py", line 270, in _mech_open
BrowserStateError: can't fetch relative reference: not viewing any document
In the cases above it was looking for the book "Rogue Squadron: Star Wars Legends (X-Wing) (Star Wars: X-Wing - Legends)" but the error is repeating for each search item.

I noticed that you are still very active on this forum, hope you will find this information useful. If you need any additional information, just let me know. Hope to use your plug-in very soon!!

Last edited by thekn; 02-12-2018 at 03:14 PM.
thekn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:31 PM   #374
Dompie
Connoisseur
Dompie began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600 and PRS-650
Yes every lookup without an ISBN gives a: HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
When you have filled the ISBN everything is all right

Last edited by Dompie; 02-14-2018 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Typo
Dompie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:33 PM   #375
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dompie View Post
Yes every lookup without an ISBN gives a: HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
When you have filled the ISBN everything is all right
Ok, I see.
Bol changed again their code, the bol_server now serves several different codes for the searchpages.
I made an update 3.8.20 to tackle the different codes as far as I could explore.
Maybe there will be more variations, please let me know.
Update available at the start of this thread

@Thekn: does this solve your problem too? Otherwise please mention book and author, so I can try to reproduce it.