Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-22-2014, 08:45 PM   #1
riksaga
riksaga began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Howto add MP3, M4B as acceptable formats to device list??

Hi,

I am getting into audio books and I am using Calibre with Audiobook plugin and it works great, until, I try to transfer an audio book - MP3 or M4B - to my device.

Once my device is detected I attempt to configure it to add MP3 or M4B but the list is hard-coded and therefore Calibre refuses to transfer to my device.

Where/how to add MP3 & M4B to list of acceptable formats for my device?

thank you
riksaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot. calibre only knows how to send ebook formats to devices, not arbitrary files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2022, 09:35 AM   #3
SebastianG
SebastianG began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Hi,

i know, this is an old question, but i would like to bring it up again with two wishes - perhaps it`s somehow possible to get a solution...

I got a lot of self converted Audiobooks, Format is .m4b and it would be great to store them in a library. Importing into calibre works fine and i can load the Meta-Data from e.g. Amazon. Now my two questions / wishes:

1. is it somehow possible to extract the picture from the .m4b and add it as preferred picture to the library?
2. is it possible to add other sources like audible (in my case audible.de)?

Thanks for reading!
SebastianG is offline   Reply With Quote