Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 05:38 AM   #1
mindfire
mindfire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Convert zip with multiple text files to MOBI

Hi all,

I have just recently bought a Kindle and have installed Calibre.

What I would like to know is

I have a folder with multiple (100+) text files. I would like to convert this into a single MOBI file with each of the text files being a chapter in the MOBI file (or article or whatever). Is there an easy way to do this?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
mindfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfire View Post
I have a folder with multiple (100+) text files. I would like to convert this into a single MOBI file with each of the text files being a chapter in the MOBI file (or article or whatever). Is there an easy way to do this?
It can be done. It may be unwieldy/too large. "Easy" is in the eye of the beholder. Why bother? Drag the files into Calibre, convert, Send to device.

If single file is important, concatenate the files, open in Word, add Heading1 headers, save as filtered html, add to Calibre, convert. There are probably a dozen other ways to do this.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert