Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
bero
Linux Developer
bero began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Qt ported to PRS-505

Hi,
I've just ported the Qt toolkit to the PRS-505 -- including automatic screen updates etc.
This should make it fairly easy to run quite a few native applications (even QtWebKit works, so displaying html isn't a problem).

The source can be found in our branch of the Qt git repository:

git clone git://gitorious.org/~blankpage/qt/blankpage-patches.git qt-prs505
cd qt-prs505
git checkout eink

You'll still need a normal ARM crosscompiler (building it with crosstool is probably the easiest way to get one).

The dynamic loader on the PRS505 seems to be somewhat buggy, linking statically is recommended. Tested Qt configuration is

./configure -embedded arm -no-glib -no-script -no-stl -no-exceptions -no-xmlpatterns -no-qt3support -opensource -confirm-license -no-nis -no-iconv -no-cups -qt-freetype -qt-libpng -qt-gif -qt-libjpeg -webkit -no-phonon -no-phonon-backend -static -release

Enjoy...
bero
bero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Doesn't webkit in qt 4.6 require xmlpatterns?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
bero
Linux Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Doesn't webkit in qt 4.6 require xmlpatterns?
It doesn't - but having xmlpatterns enabled adds some functionality to webkit (XSLT support).

For what I need, this functionality isn't required but bloats qt and webkit (xmlpatterns requires exceptions too) - so I decided to disable it in my build.

That said, I don't see anything that would break if xmlpatterns and exceptions were enabled, I'd expect that config to just work.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
bero
Great news!
Do you have a sample/test app to play with? Pretty little hello world, maybe?
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #5
bero
Linux Developer

Any of the normal Qt demos will do, given I didn't touch the Qt API.

The code I actually used for initial testing comes down to

Code:
#include <QApplication>
#include <QLabel>
#include <QTimer>

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
    QApplication app(argc, argv);
    QLabel l("test", 0);
    l.showFullscreen();
    QTimer::singleShot(10000, &app, SLOT(quit()));
    app.exec();
}
After getting that to run, I moved on to simply compiling a few standard applications/applications I was using on my desktop box.

I'm attaching some code I've written to talk to the keyboard, that makes it actually usable beyond running automated demos. When I have a bit of time I'll turn it into a proper Qt keyboard driver...
Attached Files
File Type: txt KeyboardThread.h.txt (371 Bytes, 406 views)
File Type: txt KeyboardThread.cpp.txt (2.0 KB, 424 views)
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 03:05 AM   #6
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
bero
Wondering if you've stopped working on this... :S
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c++, crosscompile, native applications, prs-505, qt toolkit