Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-08-2016, 04:44 AM   #901
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

For the last 8 or 10 months, I have been a nearly exclusive Koreader user on Kobo Glo. Following the lastest jailbreak, I am now an exclusive Koreader user on PW3.

There were some crashes, mistakes while setting it up. Now, after one and a half day, I am trying hard to find any defects to Koreader.

Everything seems to work smoothly: OTA incremental updates, I can use my unchanged Evernote settings for highlights; Stardict dictionaries (3), side-loaded fonts. Even the missing mini-bar selection options can be installed and work. Too nice!! Is this normal?

Thank you so much to all who do a great job of supporting it.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:55 AM   #902
Belendir
Belendir began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Hi

Yesterday I successfully applied the 5.6.5 JB on my Paperwhite 2 and updated to the new Amazon firmware afterwards. Now if I use Koreader there's an unusual problem when I view epubs with the framework enabled - every now and then, elements from the Amazon software pop up on top of the text I am reading with koreader. Mostly it's the clock in the upper right, sometimes the battery status as well. Other times the whole page gets blanked out with stuff from the new Amazon homescreen.
This happens with framework enabled only. Unfortunately I use KPVBooklets which seems to start with the framework.

I use the latest stable release of KOReader. Would do screenshots but don't know how. Thanks.
Belendir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2016, 06:42 AM   #903
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Belendir:

No completely unexpected, but annoying :/.

Note to self: check if this is still sane on 5.7.2.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:54 AM   #904
Belendir
Belendir began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Sorry if I complicated things for you . Let me know if I can test anything to help.
Belendir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:15 AM   #905
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nah, I'm just not at home right now, so I don't have my PW2 on hand to check .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2016, 03:00 PM   #906
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I made this copy of the Kindle support thread and moved it to the KOReader forum.

(There is a notice in the OP for both copies, regarding which forum to post in, under what circumstances).

Ken, it's all yours.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:26 PM   #907
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I made this copy of the Kindle support thread and moved it to the KOReader forum.

(There is a notice in the OP for both copies, regarding which forum to post in, under what circumstances).

Ken, it's all yours.
It makes sense to have them all here, and I will try to keep the local moderation working for all of them, but I sure hope the supportive Kindle users keep a subscription to the thread. I know very little about the Kindle devices.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:43 AM   #908
gett
gett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Sync with Kindle PW3 <-> Android

Hi,
Is it possible to sync the reading position between PW3 and Android KOReader?
gett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:20 AM   #909
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gett View Post
Hi,
Is it possible to sync the reading position between PW3 and Android KOReader?
I have had the progress sync work between my Kobo Aura HD and Android KOReader on my ASUS TF-101 tablet. I don't see any reason it couldn't work from your Kindle to your Android device - As long as both can run KOReader.

Luck;
Ken
Old 02-23-2016, 04:59 PM   #910
gett
gett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I have had the progress sync work between my Kobo Aura HD and Android KOReader on my ASUS TF-101 tablet.
Thanks for answer.
Sorry for my ignorance - I can't find were and how to setup sync....
gett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:15 PM   #911
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gett View Post
Thanks for answer.
Sorry for my ignorance - I can't find were and how to setup sync....
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Progress-sync

A fuller explanation is needed though. As I remember it, it was where I had copies of the book on both devices and I had the Progress Sync set for the book on my Kobo. Then when I happened to open the book on my tablet, it asked if I wanted to sync it. I said yes or OK, and the book opened on the page I was on with the Kobo.
( Don't forget to turn the WiFi on.)

Luck;
Ken

I tried it again just now with the 8mb+ Recluse series that I am rereading now. I didn't have it on my tablet, so I used Zsync to send a copy from my Kobo to my tablet. Then when I opened the copy on my tablet it synced to the page I was on in the Kobo. (I had it set to "auto sync" in the book on the Kobo.)

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-23-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-16-2016, 01:29 AM   #912
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Evernote plugin

I switched from Kobo to PW3 after the jailbreak (of course...) but I kept using Koreader. On the Kindle, I have not been able to use the OTA incremental updates. For some reason, it triggers a mistake everytime I try to use it.

So, some weeks ago I installed the v 2015.11-175-g7611491 version as an update. It works well, but I cannot find the Evernote plugin that I used before on the Kobo.

How could I expect to improve this (mainly the second point about the Evernote plugin)?

EDIT: the Evernote plugin is included with the latest update that I just downloaded. Sorry for this question. New version is v2015.11-318-g8c4c274
The Evernote plugin is working also.

and now, even the OTA incremental update has been successful for the first time (for me) because I now have v2015.11-328-g6f02b2c

Excellent!!

Last edited by roger64; 04-16-2016 at 05:06 AM. Reason: edit
Old 04-17-2016, 02:09 AM   #913
roger64
Wizard

Mini-bar question

It happened two times already after a full update: the previous customized settings for my mini-bar changed.

Fortunately, I know how to get back to them following this path:
frontend/apps/reader/modules/readerfooter.lua and write your own settings with true/false.

Question: is it possible to keep these settings in default.persistent.lua?

You can see in the joint attachment my customized settings for the mini-bar: I only care about battery, time, and page progress (together).

and here as they are written within readerfooter.lua file
Spoiler:
function ReaderFooter:init()
self.pageno = self.view.state.page

self.settings = G_reader_settings:readSetting("footer") or {
disabled = false,
all_at_once = true,
progress_bar = false,
toc_markers = false,
battery = true,
time = true,
page_progress = true,
pages_left = false,
percentage = false,
book_time_to_read = false,
chapter_time_to_read = false,
}
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	koreader customized mini-bar.png
Views:	386
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	147902  

Last edited by roger64; 04-17-2016 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:47 AM   #914
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Mini-bar question

It happened two times already after a full update: the previous customized settings for my mini-bar changed.

Fortunately, I know how to get back to them following this path:
frontend/apps/reader/modules/readerfooter.lua and write your own settings with true/false.

Question: is it possible to keep these settings in default.persistent.lua?

You can see in the joint attachment my customized settings for the mini-bar: I only care about battery, time, and page progress (together).

and here as they are written within readerfooter.lua file
Spoiler:
function ReaderFooter:init()
self.pageno = self.view.state.page

self.settings = G_reader_settings:readSetting("footer") or {
disabled = false,
all_at_once = true,
progress_bar = false,
toc_markers = false,
battery = true,
time = true,
page_progress = true,
pages_left = false,
percentage = false,
book_time_to_read = false,
chapter_time_to_read = false,
}
The KOReader User Interface (UI) Reader Menu includes "Status bar" settings for those. (You need to reload the book to see the changes.)
While there isn't a persistent option that would survive an update, it should be easy to restore the settings to what you want after an update.

There is currently some discussion, at Github, about how this issue should be addressed. As to a separation of "defaults" into those for their respective functional areas or the existing global defaults. [ I would prefer separate treatment for the File Manager (global) options and for the Reader, CR3 & MU, options.]

Luck;
Ken
Old 04-17-2016, 10:02 AM   #915
roger64
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
The KOReader User Interface (UI) Reader Menu includes "Status bar" settings for those. (You need to reload the book to see the changes.)
Well, true, it's a matter of some clicks but I had failed to see it..
Should be a Linux bias.

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch