Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
El_Splendido
El_Splendido began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unable to update Calibre as original install file is missing?

Hello,

Thanks in advance for your patience & assistance

I tried to update to the latest version of Calibre today and I got a message saying it did not complete as the installer file is not in the correct location. After trying it once more, I used iObit to uninstall Calibre, but when I checked afterwards, it was still in the list of programs. So, I did it again. This time it was gone from the list but the desktop shortcut is still there. I tried to delete it & a message came up saying that it would only delete the shortcut but the program has not been uninstalled? When I double click the Calibre shortcut, it opens normally & the version is 0.8.65.

I am confused! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
El_Splendido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
I got that message yonks ago. The fix then was to copy the old version of the install file to the folder where Calibre was installed from. In my case I always copy an install file to Z:\temp and run it from there. (Don't ask). When the install file is in the correct place everything else should work.

Edit: other applications will generate the same message and this fix often works.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert