Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
X-Ray feature

Hi,

Is there any way of finding out which books have the x-ray feature on the KT without having to open every book and check it.

i currently use calibre to manage all my books.

alan
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
Hi,

Is there any way of finding out which books have the x-ray feature on the KT without having to open every book and check it.

i currently use calibre to manage all my books.

alan
If you are using calibre to manage all of your books, and load them onto your Kindle, then you will not get Amazon's X-ray files. Calibre will generate X-Ray files but they will not have the same contents. I have never used this feature of calibre so I can't comment as to whether calibre does a decent job of it. Even Amazon's X-ray info is not always useful.

Normally if you tap and hold a Book item on the home screen, you can view the Book Description (if you have a wireless connection), and it will show whether X-Ray is enabled for that book. But you have to also download wirelessly from Amazon to get the X-ray file from them.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for that, my workflow at the moment is that i send my amazon books to my kindle via wispernet then add them straight to calibre untill i am ready to read them. i will look into calibres -ray feature.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:04 AM   #4
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
hey nowadays amazon has added an option below book info every kindle book on their site about whether xray is enabled or not.you can se that option by going to that kindle ebook on their site and scroll down or go to the ebookstore on your kindle.and calibre plugin xray gen does a pretty good job of creating xray and is very similar to amazon xray.only differences are that it does not show location meter and takes info from shelfari and desc from wiki.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:30 AM   #5
alanHd
Addict

Thanks for that techiemonkey, looks like amazon uk doesnt tell you if the x-ray funtion is on a book just yet, but hopefully they will put it on soon.
Advert