Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 09:49 PM   #16
Ryogo
Enthusiast
Ryogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
updated to v0.8.9

changes:
  • added ability to block OTA updates;
  • added ability to force a screen refresh after disabling screen saver;
Ryogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:10 PM   #17
Ryogo
Enthusiast
Ryogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to beholdRyogo is a marvel to behold

updated to v0.9

changes:
  • disabled annoying dialog "Sign in to network" on fw 4.9;
Advert
Old 01-16-2019, 05:10 AM   #18
plainbriny
Enthusiast
plainbriny began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Nook Glowlight 3
NGP toolkit is so powerful, it makes my nook glowlight 3 more customizable and usable.

I have one question though, regarding the "long press N(home) button to toggle backlight" function.
I have tried to get rid of bnreader.apk and partner.apk.

I found that if only partner.apk is enabled and bnreader.apk is disable, I can toggle backlight, but the night mode is not working.

If both apks are disabled, the toggle function is all lost, but I can still adjust brightness through software (no night mode, only white light).

So I am wondering, it is possible to disable both apk and still be able to toggle backlight and night mode? Since the hardware LEDs are still intact, we just need to find a way to enable/disable them. Maybe through some scripts that access /proc?
plainbriny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:59 AM   #19
Ryogo
Enthusiast

plainbriny,
there is https://github.com/Ryogo-Z/imx6_device_settings for that, but it seems like I still need to fix it a bit to allow to control orange light.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:46 AM   #20
plainbriny
Enthusiast
plainbriny began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Nook Glowlight 3
Thanks for the reply, I will give it a try.

I found that if partner.apk was disabled, it's not possible to lock the device.
Currently I have bnreader.apk disabled, and partner.apk enabled.
plainbriny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2022, 02:21 PM   #21
MrBryan
MrBryan began at the beginning.

Device: nook glow light 4
Hi there, can you tell me if it might be possible to make this work with a glowlight 4? I am especially interested in the A2 mode
MrBryan is offline   Reply With Quote