Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 10:05 PM   #346
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:13 AM   #347
PieterPuk
PieterPuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
It is working again, thank you so very much!
Old 06-25-2018, 06:59 AM   #348
RedPuzo
RedPuzo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Aura HD
Hi David, My Aura HD suddenly refused to open, i try hard reset and cold reset.

Could you please be so kind and send me the link to Aura HD image please?

Thank you so much in advance!
Old 06-25-2018, 08:54 AM   #349
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:55 PM   #350
Manguitom
Manguitom began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H20
I'm trying to resurrect my Aura HD. I tried restoring stock rom but the screen is still all jagged (black horizontal lines).
I opened it to replace the display (replacement bought on AliExpress), and though installation I turned the ebook on without the display being connected, the device processor got really hot... Is there a chance I may have burned it?
Old 06-29-2018, 10:50 PM   #351
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manguitom View Post
I'm trying to resurrect my Aura HD. I tried restoring stock rom but the screen is still all jagged (black horizontal lines).
I opened it to replace the display (replacement bought on AliExpress), and though installation I turned the ebook on without the display being connected, the device processor got really hot... Is there a chance I may have burned it?
Looking back, I sent you an image a while ago. Can you check that it is the right one? The file name will have included "Aura HD" as part of the name.

Other than making sure all the cables are connected properly, the only other suggestion is to replace the SD card. It is the only other replaceable part in the device. But, I wouldn't expect that to cause the CPU to over heat.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:06 AM   #352
Sever_33
Sever_33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I think mine is bricked, can someone send me an SD factory image?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-06-2018, 09:17 AM   #353
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:54 PM   #354
VFR
VFR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura HD
I have a bricked Aura HD as well. can anyone send me the sd card image? Thanks
Old 07-10-2018, 07:39 PM   #355
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:02 AM   #356
Yves54
Yves54 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
My Aura HD freeze, please can you send me an SD image ?

Many Thanks
Old 07-11-2018, 09:24 AM   #357
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:37 AM   #358
twinkerz
twinkerz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
My aura hd screen froze.. i thought the lcd was damaged.. so ordered 1, then after trying, it seems the internal sdcard is corrupted... tried to put into a card reader cant read anything at all...

Can you share the sdcard image with me too? thanks
Old 07-26-2018, 06:13 AM   #359
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

Note that if you are looking at the card in Windows, you will not be able to mount it. Windows doesn't handle removable media that has multiple partitions very well and two of the partitions are formatted with file systems that Windows cannot mount.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:35 PM   #360
Snan
Snan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro HD
After resoldering the micro-usb port (it somehow broke and ended up inside the Kobo), we can't get it to get past the white screen.

Could you please send me the image for the Kobo Aura HD?
Closed Thread