Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2018, 09:17 PM   #1
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Thumbs up Sony Reader Service Manuals

I found a source for several Sony E-reader service manuals and grabbed those for the PRS-650 and PRS-350. Hope folks find this useful.

https://www.manualslib.com/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf prs650sc.pdf (1.31 MB, 234 views)
File Type: pdf prs350.pdf (1.52 MB, 238 views)
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:14 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
I found a source for several Sony E-reader service manuals and grabbed those for the PRS-650 and PRS-350. Hope folks find this useful.

https://www.manualslib.com/
Thanks. I grabbed both. I have a 350 and I hope to (some day) find a 650.

Just curious, did they have the T2 service manual there?

Last edited by rcentros; 01-03-2018 at 11:18 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:56 AM   #3
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Had the following service manuals: PRS-300, PRS-350, PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-950 and PRS-T1. No T2 or T3. I have downloaded everything they had. Based on a Google search I wonder if Sony did service manuals for the T2 and T3. Scarce if they did. I did read somewhere that the T1 and T2 are virtually identical except for the switch shapes and the T2 missing the audio output. The T1 service manual may serve.

Last edited by Richwood; 01-04-2018 at 02:14 AM.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:24 AM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
Had the following service manuals: PRS-300, PRS-350, PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-950 and PRS-T1. No T2 or T3. I have downloaded everything they had. Based on a Google search I wonder if Sony did service manuals for the T2 and T3. Scarce if they did. I did read somewhere that the T1 and T2 are virtually identical except for the switch shapes and the T2 missing the audio output. The T1 service manual may serve.
It probably will. The Youtube videos get you inside anyhow. Once there you can figure out how to replace parts (which is all I would be doing).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:02 PM   #5
Richwood
Astronomy Nut

For any work on low power electronics be sure to wear a grounded ESD wrist strap as while open the electronics has no protection from ESD discharges which in winter can be bad news.