Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-23-2018, 04:25 PM   #61
daddyjones
daddyjones began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The python function that returns information about the OS platform is failing for some reason on your system.

That information is only being displayed for debugging. In the next release of this plugin I will have it continue even when this error occurs.
Excellent - thanks!
daddyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:32 AM   #62
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Version 1.5.0 - 25 Jun 2018

Create KFX-ZIP format during import even if additional files that make up the book cannot be located. This prevents potential confusion when books from Kindle for PC/Mac in KFX format fail to import, previously resulting in AZW format.

Improve error messages associated with unsuccessful import of books in KFX format.

Support books containing unicode characters with code points outside of the basic multilingual plane, such as emoji.

Retain original image file names when converting KPF files produced by Kindle Create.

Prevent conversion failure when unexpected quoting of font names is encountered. Fixes conversion error: "Incorrectly quoted font name: 'arial"

Prevent conversion failure when the OS platform on which the plugin is running cannot be properly determined.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2018, 11:23 PM   #63
mamiiii
mamiiii began at the beginning.

Device: kindle basic
Thanks for your work!!

Maybe you can help me.
When I try to load the KFX input plugin in the Calibre, a message of error appears, saying that "A builtin plugin with the name 'EPUB Input' already exists.
The only thing I can do is accept it and doesn´t load it.
Of course it exists a plugin with this name in the original version...

Didn't have any problem adding the DeDRM plugin or with the previous removal of DRM without KFX.

What can I do?

Many Thanks!!!!
mamiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:00 AM   #64
mamiiii
mamiiii began at the beginning.

Device: kindle basic
I did!!
My fault: very old version Calibre.

Sorry!!
mamiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #65
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamiiii View Post
I did!!
My fault: very old version Calibre.

Sorry!!
Glad you got it figured out.
Advert
Old 07-03-2018, 02:18 PM   #66
bkennelly
bkennelly began at the beginning.

Device: none
Considering the plugin has the "convert to epub" integrated, it might be useful to add a "save as epub" option for input. (Maybe a choice of "KFX", "ePub", "Both".)

This would avoid the need for using the CLI to avoid double conversions.
bkennelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:41 AM   #67
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkennelly View Post
Considering the plugin has the "convert to epub" integrated, it might be useful to add a "save as epub" option for input. (Maybe a choice of "KFX", "ePub", "Both".)
The calibre conversion plugin API allows for only a single format as the result of a conversion. I am not going to try to work around that limitation.

------

Upon reflection it occurred to me that you are probably referring to when happens when a book in KFX format is imported. It would possible to perform conversion to EPUB at that point without breaking the calibre API. It would have to be KFX or EPUB, not both. I will consider that for a future plugin release.

Last edited by jhowell; 07-04-2018 at 10:08 PM.