Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 06-27-2021, 09:01 PM   #1
andrkac
andrkac began at the beginning.

Device: inkBook Calypso
Installing headless server [linux]

Calibre seems to be something I need - I need more traditional books catalog, but as far I've tried - it is possible (also with android phone as ISBN barcode reader).

As far as I can see most "server" meanings here are related to content server. Because I've found calibre one hour ago, I'm not sure whether this is what I need.
I want to install server (containing database) on Linux Centos server which even do not have GUI. Is it possible at all? How to do it?
Then I want to use both - web view and, if possible? - desktop application (on other machines, various systems) using database from Centos Server

If those requirements can be met I'll go with it. Later I will try to configure it with android device and my ebook reader (I know, that's it's not my first requirement, but why not?)
andrkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:18 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Did you see the FAQ?
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...n-linux-server
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2021, 07:38 AM   #3
andrkac
andrkac began at the beginning.

Device: inkBook Calypso
I'll check it.
Unfortunately, according to Mr Kovid's reply in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=336752 It's probably impossible to use calibre DB from another calibre instance.
Am I right?

After some testing of web solution I see, that web access as the only way is to less.
Still trying to install headless calibre on my server (centos7 does not met requirements). When done I'll try to run it via ssh (from another linux machine), this is probably the last chance to use it the way I want. With full client limited to linux machines only, but it may be enough.
andrkac is offline   Reply With Quote