Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2020, 01:31 PM   #1
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Libra H2O disconnecting from PC

Any ideas?

My 7 month old Libra H2O seems to be unable to maintain a connection to a computer. It is fully charged. I plug in to my pc and within 2 minutes it disconnects itself. If I leave it plugged in it will reconnect within 5 minutes or so, then once again disconnect within 2 minutes.
I have tried another computer, and another cord.
I have logged out of my kobo account, factory reset, then manual reset, yet the problem persists.

Is there anything else I could possibly be missing?
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 02:36 PM   #2
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieliser View Post
Any ideas?

My 7 month old Libra H2O seems to be unable to maintain a connection to a computer. It is fully charged. I plug in to my pc and within 2 minutes it disconnects itself. If I leave it plugged in it will reconnect within 5 minutes or so, then once again disconnect within 2 minutes.
I have logged out of my kobo account, factory reset, then manual reset, yet the problem persists.

have you tried another computer?

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2020, 02:40 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
have you tried another computer?

best wishes koboy
Yes, another computer was tried.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 02:42 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenieliser View Post
Any ideas?

What firmware are you running? if it's not 4.22.x, I suggest updating the firmware and then trying again. If it still fails, I suggest contacting Kobo about the problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:18 PM   #5
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
Thanks for your quick replies!
I ended up having to contact kobo...a replacement is on the way. The customer service rep I spoke with (via live chat) was very helpful and speedy to resolve the issue. Yay for Kobo Customer Service!
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2020, 09:58 AM   #6
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Glad that your issue was solved without difficulty!
For me, it happened yesterday on my MacBook Pro mid-2010 on my week-old Libra. It disconnected periodically, unpredictable times, but reconnected right after that. I thought that that may be the wire (was not Kobo's), but when I plugged in to my Dell Arch Linux computer, it worked flawlessly and never disconnected. So for my part I think it's only the computer. But your problem seems to be a little bit different, so... IDK
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 04:20 PM   #7
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Mine did it with the original cord. Much less with my Kindle Oasis cord. And it more or less stopped disconnecting after a firmware update (not the latest, I forget which exactly). Haven't tried with the latest firmware.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote