Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
JohnyO
JohnyO began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
New PRS-350: Thanks MR Forum Members

Well just wanted to say thank you to the forum members, and all of their interesting posts about the 350/650. After reading all the posts over the last week I finally took the plunge and bought a PRS-350. The only thing I wasn't, and still am not sure about is the screen size. I read some people's opinions about the 5" model, and how it's a lot easier to hold, but I wasn't able to compare the two side by side, because the Sony store only had the 650 on display and wouldn't show me a 350 because they said they couldn't take them out until they sold all of their 300's so I proceeded across the street to Best Buy where they only have the 350. The 350 fit nicely in my hand, so I thought I would buy one to try out, and if I find the screen too small I have the option of returning it, or if they get some 650s in, exchange it.

Anyhow, have to go try it out, so Thanks Again...
JohnyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, JohnyO.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Have fun with your 650.

Personally i'm waiting for them to arrive at Germany.
Not sure if going for the 650 or waiting for the 950 (import to Germany).
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Congratulations! The important thing is how well you like the screen size. I personally have no issue with a 5" screen, but I understand if others do. We are all unique.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
damiensmunki
damiensmunki began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3
I just opened my new 350, and it has a white barcode sticker on the back. Did you guys have that? Any reason not to remove it (serial number, warranty, etc.)?
damiensmunki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #6
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Do not remove... it is serial number and ID... Sony regard it as proof of legality amongst other things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by damiensmunki View Post
I just opened my new 350, and it has a white barcode sticker on the back. Did you guys have that? Any reason not to remove it (serial number, warranty, etc.)?
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote