Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen > Gen3 Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Customizing boot-up screen?

After installing FW 2.0 in my Gen3, I've noticed a couple of files in it. The first is "autorun.inf", which has this:

Code:
[autorun]
icon=system\device.ico
UseAutoPlay=0

[Content]
MusicFiles=0
PictureFiles=0
VideoFiles=0

[IgnoreContentPaths]
eBooks
Music
Pictures
system
It looks pretty straightforward, but the "icon" line caught my attention, so I had a look at the "system/device.ico" file. At first sight, it's just binary data, but there's at least a PNG file embedded (between the strings "PNG" and "IEND", approx.), which I've attached here.

So, I wonder if this image can be changed (anyone dares trying it?), and what's the info in the rest of the file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cybook.png
Views:	1034
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	42475  
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
That file has nothing to do with bootup, it's for automagically running things when the Cybook is connected to a Windows PC.
The "system/device.ico" should be a normal icon file and thus I'm guessing it should be editable/replacable like any icon file. (Note: I'm guessing. Try at your own risk.)
As for the other sections, see wikipedia.

I'm thinking they added that file to get computers running Windows to show a nice Cybook icon when the device is connected. As far as I understand it, the "Content" and "IgnoreContentPaths" sections basically tells windows to ignore anything on the Cybook, and the "autorun" section just sets the icon to display.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
the ICO files are Windows Icon files, and if you look closely, there are too icons for Mac OS X.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:11 AM   #4
Deneb
Groupie
Deneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it is

Device: Cybook
Well, I wish we could change that bootup image too. Tired to have Clinton face each time.

The Leonard de Vinci Man in the circle that come with the cybook would be a nice change...(it's already in and I like it, any other you like is fine for you...).
And it would be nice to change it from time to time anyway. But of course, it's not a "must have" like the folders were.
Deneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Well, you could always just go ahead and hack the bootloader...
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Good luck for not bricking your device
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote