Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-12-2018, 09:59 PM   #91
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily7 View Post
Thanks! I checked, that was turned on as well. I decided to add Amazon as a metadata source and it pulled series data from that, so it seems like it's just the Goodreads metadata that is broken. Maybe an issue on Goodread's end. I prefer their metadata over others, but I will take Amazon's for now. I hope the Goodreads metadata gets fixed.
Yes, Goodreads changed the site. There is a beta with a fix for this plus some other things near the end of the thread for the plugin. I have to arrange an official release of the update.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:59 PM   #92
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Here is the set of steps to have calibre auto-update metadata-sources-cache.json
  1. Restart calibre
  2. Start a metadata download, it will probably still fail
  3. Wait a minute or two for the cache to be updated
  4. Restart calibre again
  5. Now it should work

And if for any reason this fails to update metadata-sources-cache.json you can always delete it manually to restore functioning. To delete it manually, do the following:
  1. Click Preferences->Miscellaneous
  2. Click "Open calibre configuration directory"
  3. Delete the file "metadata-sources-cache.json"
  4. Restart calibre
Not working with isbn in 3.42. It may be that the internet connection is too flaky, or the book is too obscure, but the "failed to download metadata" message doesn't shed any light on why.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2019, 01:47 AM   #93
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Not working with isbn in 3.42. It may be that the internet connection is too flaky, or the book is too obscure, but the "failed to download metadata" message doesn't shed any light on why.
This thread was about a bug in calibre, that has been fixed. The steps you quoted shouldn't be needed unless you are still using that version.

The problem is probably that the book wasn't found by any of the metadata sources you use. Using more sources might help depending on how obscure the book is. It could also be that the title you have is different to the metadata sources. Doing a search on one of the sites should show this.

If you post the book details and the metadata sources you use, someone can test to see if they can find it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote